TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Solar Power Stickers / Static Clings

Discussion in 'Energy, Environment, and Policy' started by Skotty, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Skotty

Skotty 2014 Model S P85

Anyone know where to get some good solar power static cling window films or stickers?

Something that says "Powered by Solar", etc. Would love to get one for my car after I get rooftop solar installed.

• Like x 1
  2. ThisIsTrue

ThisIsTrue Dismember

Man, I figured that would be EASY to find. But nope. I'm pondering having some made, and putting them in my online store (which has NOTHING to do with solar, power, cars, etc.)

• Like x 1
  3. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

You can print your own. The cling material is available in 8½x11 sheets — the one I've used is called "Clear Window Decal Sheets". Print the text/graphics in mirror image on the sheet and then spray over it with a lighter paint color that will show up the text: white if you used color for your printing background or some other color if you just used black text/graphic, to make it easier to read — I've used gold paint for that. Covering the paint with a clear coat can make it more durable. Then peel off the backing on the static stick side and place on the inside of the car window.

Something like this ought to work:

Inkjet Clear Ultra Cling, 5 Sheets

A bit of work but rather a fun art project.