Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar+Powerwall line side tap in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I'm looking for clarification on a certain question I had.

I was wondering if Tesla allows using a line side tap from an existing main service panel to the backup gateway with solar and powerall configurations. For further clarification, the service panel and meter can are in separate enclosures. I've heard differing opinions from electricians. One electrician told me that as long as the utility allows it, line side tap is a viable option with the backup gateway. However, I was also told by another electrician that any tap interconnection is not allowed by Tesla.

I'm of the belief that tapping should be fine as the backup gateway is rated as a main service disconnect, but I just wanted to have some sort of confirmation.

Thanks!

Hey everyone, I'm looking for clarification on a certain question I had.

I was wondering if Tesla allows using a line side tap from an existing main service panel to the backup gateway with solar and powerall configurations. For further clarification, the service panel and meter can are in separate enclosures. I've heard differing opinions from electricians. One electrician told me that as long as the utility allows it, line side tap is a viable option with the backup gateway. However, I was also told by another electrician that any tap interconnection is not allowed by Tesla.

I'm of the belief that tapping should be fine as the backup gateway is rated as a main service disconnect, but I just wanted to have some sort of confirmation.

Thanks!

The closest existing thread to this discussion is here:

I dont know if this differs from state to state, but I doubt tesla policies change that much.

Upvote 0