Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar & Powerwall SCE Los Angeles Recent / New Customers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jeremymc7

Feb 3, 2013
U.S.
Looking to do an install on my house in Los Angeles country.

There seem to be quite a number of good solar discounts out there but Tesla does a poor job of summarizing them unlike how they do with the cars.

What rebates, credits, etc are available for Solar & Powerwall done at the same time for SCE customers in Los Angeles? Do they need to be done in any particular order etc.

The Fed Credit on the panels is fairly straightforward.

But there's supposed to be some discounts on the Powerwall in Calif if done at same time. What information I can find is confusing and contradictory. How do you make 100% sure you get the Powerwall credit / rebate?

What else is out there, maybe just for SCE customers on top of the above that I'm missing. Talking with SCE they say they have nothing but keep emailing me to say I should get solar.

Any help would be appreciated.

You can take tax credit on powerwalls if connected to solar.

There is the SGIP rebate, but you wont be getting that if you go through tesla (which is why they likely dont talk about it). Its a california incentive for storage, but its done by developers (you are not applying for it yourself, unless you register as a developer, which is not in any way, shape or form easy... its designed for solar installers).

You will only get the SGIP rebate if you go through a third party installer that still has availability (not all will) AND most third party installers will have their price such that its roughly the same as telsa's price without the SGIP rebate, unless you get into 3+ powerwalls.

The only caveat to that is if you meet certain strict criteria there is a special SGIP rebate for people who are on medical baselines, have had multiple PSPS power shut offs, or low income, where you could get basically a free powerwall, but that program goes quick, and most dont qualify.

Thats it, basically.

Tesla isnt talking about SGIP because they are over their developer cap (and price their systems such that its still cheaper to go with them and not get sgip, than it is to go with a third party solar installer and get the sgip).

Looking to do an install on my house in Los Angeles country.

There seem to be quite a number of good solar discounts out there but Tesla does a poor job of summarizing them unlike how they do with the cars.

What rebates, credits, etc are available for Solar & Powerwall done at the same time for SCE customers in Los Angeles? Do they need to be done in any particular order etc.

The Fed Credit on the panels is fairly straightforward.

But there's supposed to be some discounts on the Powerwall in Calif if done at same time. What information I can find is confusing and contradictory. How do you make 100% sure you get the Powerwall credit / rebate?

What else is out there, maybe just for SCE customers on top of the above that I'm missing. Talking with SCE they say they have nothing but keep emailing me to say I should get solar.

Any help would be appreciated.

We just had a club virtual meet that covered some of this subject... We're in SCE - OC focused, but some of those rebates might work in your area... We also had friends from SCE-Ventura and SCE-LA county on the call...

The only caveat to that is if you meet certain strict criteria there is a special SGIP rebate for people who are on medical baselines, have had multiple PSPS power shut offs, or low income, where you could get basically a free powerwall, but that program goes quick, and most dont qualify.

I do have a medical baseline already with SCE. Do you have a link to that one?

I do have a medical baseline already with SCE. Do you have a link to that one?

Its not through SCE, but its called the SGIP equity and resiliency plan. there are some posts in this section about it, let me see if I can find one.

EDIT,

There should be some discussion on that plan in this thread:

SGIP Rebate Question - This Legit?

I think it has some links to it.