Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar pulling from grid vs Powerwall [in small amounts]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The issue has been corrected, my system is no longer constantly pulling small amounts of the grid, about 3kw daily or about 100w on and off. I was informed a redesign of my system was needed. Tesla sent out an electrician to move two breakers that where not backed up by the system and in front of their (Tesla) meter. I asked why this wasn't a software update but the electrician wasn't sure. He said this was the only time they'd seen this issue and they were directed to move the breakers. Which they did, all in all took about 3.5 hours and everything is running normally now.

The issue has been corrected, my system is no longer constantly pulling small amounts of the grid, about 3kw daily or about 100w on and off. I was informed a redesign of my system was needed. Tesla sent out an electrician to move two breakers that where not backed up by the system and in front of their (Tesla) meter. I asked why this wasn't a software update but the electrician wasn't sure. He said this was the only time they'd seen this issue and they were directed to move the breakers. Which they did, all in all took about 3.5 hours and everything is running normally now.

Thanks for circling back around on this. I will definitely remember this one for future discussions if it comes up again.

Reactions: George75
Were those two breakers the only ones not backed up? If so, then wondering about other installations with breakers not backed up if they are experiencing such draws. And, if those two are not the only breakers not backed up why those two caused the issue.
Curious all around.

Thanks for the follow up.

Out of curiosity, were those large loads?

All the best,

BG

The loads where small, irrigation, outside outlets and I suspect the cause of the issue the neurio meter. I suspect if the neurio meter is backed up there shouldn't be any issues for other users. The electrician did state he hasn't seen one setup as mine was before. I assume with it being outside at the utility meter there was an error in the design process.

It happens, hate that it took a while to get resolved but big picture an issue I was mitigating for months by switching PTO off then on again depending on the state of charge of the powerwall. I haven't had an electric bill yet greater than $20 including taxes and fees.