Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar roof production data missing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla solar roof/powerwalls have been operational since October ‘21. I noticed recently that all the data in the app (production/usage/etc) prior to March 7 ‘22 is completely missing/blank.

Support had me reset the system and reconnect one of the inverters to the internet and then wait 24 hours. It’s been ~30 hours and the data is still not in the app.

Any advice or possible diagnosis? Thanks.

My Tesla solar roof/powerwalls have been operational since October ‘21. I noticed recently that all the data in the app (production/usage/etc) prior to March 7 ‘22 is completely missing/blank.

Support had me reset the system and reconnect one of the inverters to the internet and then wait 24 hours. It’s been ~30 hours and the data is still not in the app.

Any advice or possible diagnosis? Thanks.
Has support done any charges in response to a service request?

We lost a good chunk of data when they looked into a low production issue, replaced some tiles, and made some changes on their side. Production is now much higher, but I wish I had the before data to see just how much higher.

Has support done any charges in response to a service request?

We lost a good chunk of data when they looked into a low production issue, replaced some tiles, and made some changes on their side. Production is now much higher, but I wish I had the before data to see just how much higher.

Nothing has been physically changed since installation and all the real-time data has been as expected since the system was turned on. Since it’s the first year of operation, I have nothing to compare the data to (even if I somehow get it back).

‘Tier 1’ support reps don’t seem to know much so I probably need ‘tier 2’ at this point. One rep mentioned a bug in the app but if no one here has heard of it, that seems unlikely.

Nothing has been physically changed since installation and all the real-time data has been as expected since the system was turned on. Since it’s the first year of operation, I have nothing to compare the data to (even if I somehow get it back).

‘Tier 1’ support reps don’t seem to know much so I probably need ‘tier 2’ at this point. One rep mentioned a bug in the app but if no one here has heard of it, that seems unlikely.
Tesla did not physically change anything in our data loss case. My guess is that some tech just cleared the database after they figured some settings were wrong. The data right up until the day before they sent a message saying we fixed the issue disappeared.

I guess I don't blame them. I have before reset client databases to get rid of bad data.

Tesla did not physically change anything in our data loss case. My guess is that some tech just cleared the database after they figured some settings were wrong. The data right up until the day before they sent a message saying we fixed the issue disappeared.

I guess I don't blame them. I have before reset client databases to get rid of bad data.

Did they charge you a fee to come out and fix the non-active tiles? I’ve got one small glass one that’s very visible from the street that looks like a broken tooth in certain conditions (see pic for stark example even though it typically looks less bad then that). There was no way to identify the problem immediately after install because I had to wait for rainstorms, etc- the weather just doesn’t affect it like the other tiles surrounding.

I was told recently it is $199 just for someone to look at it, not even necessarily fix it!

Attachments

• 60F2D7D8-255B-4F8E-B754-9C972BBA25D4.jpeg
    60F2D7D8-255B-4F8E-B754-9C972BBA25D4.jpeg
    638.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 40788402-9195-4FB9-9E55-58DFBE6E780C.jpeg
    40788402-9195-4FB9-9E55-58DFBE6E780C.jpeg
    670.9 KB · Views: 37
Did they charge you a fee to come out and fix the non-active tiles? I’ve got one small glass one that’s very visible from the street that looks like a broken tooth in certain conditions (see pic for stark example even though it typically looks less bad then that). There was no way to identify the problem immediately after install because I had to wait for rainstorms, etc- the weather just doesn’t affect it like the other tiles surrounding.

I was told recently it is $199 just for someone to look at it, not even necessarily fix it!
I was not charged a fee for any of the tiles I have had replaced. Possibly because we had issues with production being low, and Tesla decided to rewire and replace many active tiles after troubleshooting. During this process they did not properly set a couple of non-active tiles.