Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar ROOF scheduled for installation!! NCal

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
49152F44-8011-4826-9FA9-05D89D61C34B.jpeg
6E6D6767-2BCE-48A0-8BB7-1EBF0F32870B.jpeg

This underlayment is a better product than Firestone. From an install perspective the Firestone is slippery, and takes time to dry before they can work on the roof or they have to hand dry it. The FT product is thicker, not slippery, some insulation value and can handle more abuse from the sun and rain. I have a roll from my solar roof install which I will use on my shed, it would outlast the home depot shingles by 10 years!

Well i chose the pictures in order, but they ended up jumbled. Timeline was just as planned, 1 week start to finish*. Bad news is the inverter is malfunctioning. When they connected all the strings, it wouldnt run. But they tested each one individually and they worked. Workorder for a new inverter… had a load of laundry waiting to be solar cleaned/dried. Now i have to run a “grid” load. Lol. Ewww… everything else is 100% done. Im very impressed with the roofing crew and the tesla install crew. They did a great job!

Reactions: jboy210