Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar roof timeline opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have put a deposit for a solar roof with 3 powerwalls about a month ago. I called Tesla and was informed they don’t have a timeline when they are rolling out to Delaware.

I want opinions on, do you think it may be done in 2020 or am I too hopeful?

I would suggest that you may want to get some quotes from area solar installers while you are waiting.
Ask then to wire the solar wires to where you main meter is perhaps. Depending on shading for the panels, may want to consider micro inverters? I have them and glad I have them.

At least you would get a head start on solar collection if need be, and get the full 26% credit at least for the panels.

If Tesla does not have a timeline I don't anyone here could provide any useful dates.

More of looking to see if I am being realistic, since Elon states they want to ramp up installs on 2020 that I may be part of that. Doubt there will be useful, just being hopeful.

Thanks Charles, I will probably do that. Which I rather have the solar roof than the glass but panels would be better than nothing.

I’m having my roof replaced in a couple of weeks with asphalt shingles. Any idea how long it would be before I could get a Tesla solar roof installed in Portland Oregon? I wonder if there are any contractors installing solar roofs in Portland yet. I guess I should probably just call Tesla.
Is that Tesla panels of the Tesla glass roof? If the latter, may want to postpone the shingles as they would strip it off.
If the former then that is not an issue but I would ask the roofer to somehow mark the shingles where the roof rafters are.
There were some horror stories here with pictures of leaking roofs from drilling through to find them and poorly sealing those missed holes off.