Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar roof with skylights.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a custom Deck House in Maryland, with an insulated, vaulted roof with skylights. The work includes replacement of the roof shingles and skylights, as well as partial replacement of the insulation, some plywood, some wiring, etc. It's complex so regular roofers can't do it. I have a builder's proposal, but would like to include solar shingles. Does anyone know of a builder who also does Tesla solar? MD / DC / northern Virginia area.

I have a custom Deck House in Maryland, with an insulated, vaulted roof with skylights. The work includes replacement of the roof shingles and skylights, as well as partial replacement of the insulation, some plywood, some wiring, etc. It's complex so regular roofers can't do it. I have a builder's proposal, but would like to include solar shingles. Does anyone know of a builder who also does Tesla solar? MD / DC / northern Virginia area.

Have you considered deleting the skylights? They have LED panels now that are almost indistinguishable from skylights and the energy produced from sunlight on PV for the area of skylight would exceed the energy consumed from an equal area and luminosity of LED light panels.

Could you get a builder and a Tesla solar installer to work together? The builder could redo the roof structure and the solar installer come in after and slap on the shingles? Probably cost more than having one company do all the work, but you'd open up your options considerably.