Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Suppliers Derby & A Few Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately our Inverter has developed a relay fault and I understand this to be terminal ( it’s a SolarRiver 1600TL unit that was installed when we bought our new build house and it will be out of warranty now). I’m not sure exactly what panels we have but given the spec of the inverter I suspect we have a modest array tucked away on a roof to the side of the house that’s not easy to see. While attracted to going to a battery system now we have a MYLR and M3P to charge and large 5+ bed house to run, I don’t think the business case is going to stack up as we step towards retirement and perhaps down sizing in about ten years. The cost of adding more panels to enhance the system plus a battery is not going to pay back I wouldn’t have thought.

So, I’m thinking of only replacing the Inverter and sticking with what we have now but would welcome any views from those who are better informed about such things.

If it’s a replacement Inverter only that we go for then does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable model to replace the SolarRiver and a supplier/ installer in Berkshire?

Any advice much appreciated.

thanks,

Unfortunately our Inverter has developed a relay fault and I understand this to be terminal ( it’s a SolarRiver 1600TL unit that was installed when we bought our new build house and it will be out of warranty now). I’m not sure exactly what panels we have but given the spec of the inverter I suspect we have a modest array tucked away on a roof to the side of the house that’s not easy to see. While attracted to going to a battery system now we have a MYLR and M3P to charge and large 5+ bed house to run, I don’t think the business case is going to stack up as we step towards retirement and perhaps down sizing in about ten years. The cost of adding more panels to enhance the system plus a battery is not going to pay back I wouldn’t have thought.

So, I’m thinking of only replacing the Inverter and sticking with what we have now but would welcome any views from those who are better informed about such things.

If it’s a replacement Inverter only that we go for then does anyone have any recommendations for a suitable model to replace the SolarRiver and a supplier/ installer in Berkshire?

Any advice much appreciated.

thanks,
Apologies OP if I’m taking this off topic and happy to move to a fresh post