Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar system info, resources, web sites, personal experience.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Making a resource post for TCM people looking at installing PV, everyone encouraged to post.
I am seriously looking to install a set, want to share the research and process at same time.

Web sites:
Solargraf is a directory of installers, like a portal.

Solar Feeds is list of 10 forums

FeedSpot is more, some same links

DIY Solar Power Forum

Solar Panel Talk forum

Interested in Solar Panels? Here Is Some Advice - New York Times.​

Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy: Visit
www.dsireusa.org
DSIRE is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Clean Power Estimator: Check out
www.consumerenergycenter.org/renewables/estimator
Clean Power Estimator is an economic evaluation software program the California Energy Commission is licensing for use from Clean Power Research. The program provides California residential and commercial electric customers a personalized estimate of the costs and benefits of investing in a photovoltaic (PV) solar or small wind electric generation system.
The Energy Grid: See
https://pvwatts.nrel.gov/
This tool allows you to estimate the number of watts of power you can expect from your solar system in a given geographical area.
Find Solar: Go to
www.findsolar.com
These estimators are driven by extensive databases of solar ratings, regional weather conditions, and applicable incentives.
Very practical.

Last edited by a moderator:
Database of State Incentives for Renewable Energy: Visit
www.dsireusa.org
DSIRE is a comprehensive source of information on state, local, utility, and federal incentives that promote renewable energy and energy efficiency.
Clean Power Estimator: Check out
www.consumerenergycenter.org/renewables/estimator
Clean Power Estimator is an economic evaluation software program the California Energy Commission is licensing for use from Clean Power Research. The program provides California residential and commercial electric customers a personalized estimate of the costs and benefits of investing in a photovoltaic (PV) solar or small wind electric generation system.
The Energy Grid: See
www.pvwatts.org
This tool allows you to estimate the number of watts of power you can expect from your solar system in a given geographical area.
Find Solar: Go to
www.findsolar.com
These estimators are driven by extensive databases of solar ratings, regional weather conditions, and applicable incentives.
Very practical.
The PV Watts address should be:

• Helpful
Reactions: MontyFloyd

Thanks.
Probably changed from the book source, not notice

Well,
is too diluted with all manner of Energy, Environment, and Policy topics, wanted to focus on PV only.

Oh yeah, that general energy sub is just a rant-dumping-fest of climate deniers ... I'm not a fan of that sub. There are a ton of personal attacks going on in those threads and the mods just let it all go.

I meant this actual Tesla Energy sub you're posting in heh.

• Funny
Reactions: MontyFloyd
I received some quotes

National installer A
Sys Size 6.15 kWp
Est Ann prod 8000 kWh
15x Hanwa ML-G10+
15x Enphase IQ8+
$18,656

National installer B

Sys Size 5.95 kWp
Est Ann prod 8050 kWh
14x Equinox M 425W
14x micro inverters
$23,240

and the rest.

Five solar quotes masked.png

Thoughts?

Can mod edit op’s post to correct link //pvwatts.nrel.gov/

(moderator note)

I missed this, but have corrected it in the referenced post. I would recommend in the future to use the report function as that will flag it in a queue for any mod that has edit rights in this subforum (which isnt just me) to see it and take action, if appropriate.