Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar System is on but can’t see a way to monitor in Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I received PTO on 10/7, and I have not been able to see a way for me to monitor my system in the Tesla app. I called Tesla on 10/8 and they said they would register me and I would see it in my app by 10/9. Today is 10/11 and I still do not see “My Home” in the app. So I called again and they’re submitting a tech support escalation ticket.

Anyone else having this issue?

I am sure you have done this and this is also a statement on the version prior to 4.x, which I won't install.

I was not aware that there was a solar panel in the app until someone posted one. I just thought there was the car and the energy panels. Swiping once more showed me a solar panel, which is unique to my Solar Roof, since I have three solar systems.

Hi all,

I received PTO on 10/7, and I have not been able to see a way for me to monitor my system in the Tesla app. I called Tesla on 10/8 and they said they would register me and I would see it in my app by 10/9. Today is 10/11 and I still do not see “My Home” in the app. So I called again and they’re submitting a tech support escalation ticket.

Anyone else having this issue?
If I understand your issue correctly, I might be experiencing this as well, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum today as the engage.tesla.com site doesn't have a way to... engage.

In my case, I strongly suspect that my gateway is misconfigured. The sticker in the inside of the gateway shows one SSID and serial number, but the gateway is broadcasting a different SSID, and my app shows yet a different serial number. Nothing matches and I am not able to login to the gateway, which probably means that data from my system is not going anywhere.

I will be back on the phone with Tesla tomorrow to try to get to the bottom of this. I was hoping to find a post here from someone with a similar experience to get an idea of what to expect (i.e. hardware replacement, on-site repair, long delay, etc.).

If I understand your issue correctly, I might be experiencing this as well, which is one of the reasons I joined this forum today as the engage.tesla.com site doesn't have a way to... engage.

In my case, I strongly suspect that my gateway is misconfigured. The sticker in the inside of the gateway shows one SSID and serial number, but the gateway is broadcasting a different SSID, and my app shows yet a different serial number. Nothing matches and I am not able to login to the gateway, which probably means that data from my system is not going anywhere.

I will be back on the phone with Tesla tomorrow to try to get to the bottom of this. I was hoping to find a post here from someone with a similar experience to get an idea of what to expect (i.e. hardware replacement, on-site repair, long delay, etc.).

I dont think you have the same issue that the OP has, since the OP said they only have solar... and your post sounds very much like you have powerwalls. It sounds like you have an issue where tesla needs to get the correct information onto your account.

I know that it sounds like my problem might be different but, for whatever is worth, I heard the same "your system needs to be registered" statement from the Tesla tech who came to my house today. He spent a couple of hours doing something, said everything looked ok to him and then left.

My app still looks the same as it has for weeks:

Screenshot_20211020-184717_Tesla.jpg

That is all it shows, the app "works" but there is no data.

This app is the bottleneck and single point of failure for a customer interfacing with the system, and it is horrible.

I wish someone came up with a Powerwall version of scanmytesla. I would pay good money for it.

I know that it sounds like my problem might be different but, for whatever is worth, I heard the same "your system needs to be registered" statement from the Tesla tech who came to my house today. He spent a couple of hours doing something, said everything looked ok to him and then left.

My app still looks the same as it has for weeks:

View attachment 723812

That is all it shows, the app "works" but there is no data.

This app is the bottleneck and single point of failure for a customer interfacing with the system, and it is horrible.

I wish someone came up with a Powerwall version of scanmytesla. I would pay good money for it.
mine only shows my car. I have no “my home”. It’s been nearly 3 weeks and nothing. I call and everytime it’s been “it’s still with tier 2 support”