Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar "UFO" Car (Xof1)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Yanquetino busted?

Looks suspiciously like his avatar
profilepic669_2.gif

Alaskan Police Pull Over Solar “UFO” Car | EcoGeek | Car, Solar, World, Have, Thought

http://xof1.com/
:tongue:

Last edited by a moderator:
Solar Car (Xof1) in Seattle (UFO video link)

This solar car in currently in Seattle. We drew a huge crowd last night because everyone thought it was a UFO on the road. This is an amazing sight to see.

I have uploaded all of his pics (gallery) and the story on my website.

Solar car Xof1 in Seattle now Peak Oil Garage

Here is a funny video from some people who pulled over to see it on the road.

YouTube - Solar car UFO

Marcelo da Luz has the ability to plug-in the solar car, but he does not do this in order to keep the solar distance record going. He only goes on pure solar recharging.

Currently we have cloudy weather in Seattle (surprise !!!) and he is not getting a direct sunlight recharge. He can get 900 watts and have a full battery (3.8 kwh) in a day with direct sunlight. However in this cloudy situation, he is only generating 50 to 100 watts of energy. So he is with us for a few days.

He should be in the San Francisco area within 2 or 3 weeks. Tesla Motors has extended an invitation for Marcelo to stop by for joint pictures of the Xof1 solar car with the Tesla Roadsters.

Look for his arrival at the end of December or early January.

Went to a green event last night and crawled all over this thing. Much more elegant than the Solar Taxi. My favorite part was the rear view camera being viewed from a tiny monitor built into a pair of glasses.

He told me the best day he did 294 miles, worst, 4. Yes, Four!

I also interrupted Kelsy Grammer with two drinks in his hands heading back to his table. (actually I'm shy but my wife did for me) to ask him about his Tesla. No he did not drive it. It's black.