Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarCity detail installation videos by a customer. Great info!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggnykk

Feb 7, 2016
Earth
There are very strong interest in this community about installing solar panels. I came across these Youtube videos that was made by a SolarCity customer which walk us through everything from start to finish in extreme details. Thought that I would post it here in case some of you want to know. By the way, the video quality can be better, but all the info provided are great.

Thanks for posting this info. I am considering getting panels but I was reading the Yelp reviews in LA and they are awful. Nice to see the in depth process but wondering how much he likes the setup and what benefits he is getting now with the system.

Thanks for posting this info. I am considering getting panels but I was reading the Yelp reviews in LA and they are awful. Nice to see the in depth process but wondering how much he likes the setup and what benefits he is getting now with the system.
Yelp reviews of what? Of solar panels in general, or Solar City?

If you are handy with tools and knowledgeable about roof construction (how to find rafters for mounting points, flashing roof penetrations, etc.) you can buy panels, racks and inverters online and do the work yourself. Many cities charge no permit fees or very greatly reduced fees for PV installations. For owner-builder permits, most require that plans be approved and stamped by a licensed electrical engineer, which would cost you about $250.