TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

SolarCity (SCTY)

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by Curt Renz, Mar 24, 2014.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Distributed Energy Enthusiast

This ingredient most lacking in the US decentralized clean energy market was a consumer motivation. Given the opportunity to purchase solar at a reasonable price, I believe US consumers are now much more likely to do the little bit of work it takes to make the transition.

States like Nevada are making it clear that even the most corrupt state Houses and governors mansions won't be able to fully sabotage the solar homeowner in the long term, so financial stability is somewhat assured. The uncertainty will clear up very shortly, just in time to merge with vastly lower sales costs and already absurdly cheap hardware costs to create the wave.

2. doggusfluffy

doggusfluffy Closed

An Exclusive Look at Tesla & SolarCity’s Battery Solar Farm in Paradise
    SolarCity-Tesla vote today has big stakes for Buffalo Niagara - The Buffalo News

• Informative x 4
  3. dakh

dakh Member

Last post on the thread? :) Maybe we can continue discussing the energy side of the business on a separate thread though.

4. Far Left Texas

That would make me sad. I've learned a lot reading the thoughts and opinions presented here.

• Like x 1
  5. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Mod Note:

I'll keep it open for at least a few more days.

• Like x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  6. RFernatt

RFernatt Solar and EV Owner and Enthusiast

#7066 RFernatt, Nov 17, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
    Don't forget that it takes real political leadership to foster real change. Here in West Virginia, we are lacking in that kind of leadership. Coal severance taxes have been the lifeblood of the state for so long, no one in power can think differently. Powerful unions like the UMWA only have power as long as coal exists and they work hard to ensure coal friendly governors and legislators. Even with the writing on the wall for years about coal jobs, everyone keeps hoping for the upturn that will never come instead of making alternate plans for the state's future (changes to education, jobs programs, government investment, etc.). A billionaire coal baron was just elected governor, so I don't see anything changing soon. Not that his opponent was any better - an automall owner who opposed Tesla as our Senate President. No conflict of interest there. West Virginia politics is like watching starving dogs fight over fewer and fewer scraps instead of doing something constructive. It's a really sad state of affairs since West Virginia has some wonderful people.

It's also important to remember that any state is more than just its common stereotype. Southern West Virginia is certainly coal country, but the rest of the state can be very different. The northern and eastern panhandles are quite different and the eastern mountains are something else.

• Informative x 4
  7. doggusfluffy

doggusfluffy Closed

I'm personally curious, are people even discussing the merits of a universal basic income? It seems like the most efficient "solution" to the fewer and fewer scraps for people to fight over is a very real problem that is going around these days. Even opening up all the mining and a couple new factories wouldn't create nearly enough jobs...compared to the "good old days" unless you made them use job creating pick axes and wheelbarrows. I don't personally see any other relief on the horizon without drastic course correction as SDC's are about to displace even more human jobs.

8. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

Let's try to wrap up ongoing conversations in this thread - you also are welcome, of course, to continue them in another appropriate extant thread.

In the meantime, the thread likely will remain open for as long as Solar City continues to trade - no knowledge yet as to when that may be halted.

Thank you.

9. electracity

electracity Active Member

So, will Solar City continue as a brand?

10. doggusfluffy

doggusfluffy Closed

It's beginning to seem like this is the extent of the "glossing over it" bailout scenario you predicted and the brand will fade into oblivion just like this thread. 2016 has not gone at all how I envisioned. So many unanswered questions.

11. Xenius

Xenius Member

I imagine SolarCity will fade away into Tesla Energy. But that's just a WAG.

• Helpful x 1
  12. neroden

neroden Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan

I think we'll eventually end up with separate investor threads on Tesla Solar Roofs, Tesla (ordinary) Solar Panels (for ground mounts and flat roofs), as well as Tesla Batteries and Tesla Cars. When you have such a conglomerate, it makes sense to have a place to discuss each class of products from an investing point of view.

• Like x 3
  13. doggusfluffy

doggusfluffy Closed

Don't forget the mysterious Tesla inverters. We'll need a thread for those too. ;)
    https://fortunedotcom.files.wordpress.com/2016/11/kauai-32.jpg?w=1024&h=683

• Like x 1
  14. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

X-post from TSLA short term thread, but it looks like it's over for $SCTY the stock:

I just got notification on IB Trader WorkStation that trading in SCTY has been halted.

Says "Regulatory Halt". Based on this it looks to me like the exchange of shares will happen today.

• Informative x 3
  15. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

The King is dead, God save the King!

• Like x 1
  16. winfield100

winfield100 Active Member

vivant traveler, northern hemisphere, bangladesh
    to the tune of
    "GOd save the king"

"tha queen she had a date
    "she stayed out verra late
    "she WAS the queen
    "the king he pace'd tha floor
    "he pace'd till 'ha past 4
    "God save tha queen

• Funny x 1
  17. TheTalkingMule

TheTalkingMule Distributed Energy Enthusiast

Excited to see the all-in-one zero-down, car/solar/storage package from Tesla.

• Like x 1
  18. doggusfluffy

doggusfluffy Closed

Well I think this concludes my brief investing career. Good luck everyone.

19. TMSE

TMSE Member

What happened?

• Like x 1
  20. 3Victoria

3Victoria Active Member

Time to transfer your interests to Tesla Solar ... exciting times ahead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.