TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

SolarCity-Tesla $1000 Rebate Check

Discussion in 'California' started by iffatall, Jan 10, 2014.

1. iffatall

iffatall Member

#1 iffatall, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
    I just received an email from a Solar City rep with the title above as subject and the following content:

... I wanted to reach out to you to let you know of a $1000 rebate check SolarCity and Tesla are offering. If you are still interested in solar energy and SolarCity, please call 702.XXX.XXXX or email me and I can advise you on the $1000 rebate check program. ...

I have not got a chance to call him yet. But did anyone else get this email and/or have any idea of what this might be about?

[Update to Mod:] Sorry; forgot to specify California in Title. Please update. Thanks.

2. lloyds

lloyds Member

I went with Solar City in November, but have not received anything like that. Let us know what comes of it.

3. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Any update?

4. liuping

liuping Active Member

It does not sound much different from any of the other "special offers" solar installer use. Some give a Visa gift card, iPad, rebate checks, etc.

With a little negotiating you can usually save far more than $1000 when getting Solar installed. Also, it's always worth checking multiple installers. They varied by more than $5000 for the exact same system when I was first looking a few years ago.

5. brandonmbeard

brandonmbeard Member

Solar city gives your the $1000 i think on even the SolarPPA. So basically you get paid $1000 to convert your house to solar and you should be saving $$$ in the long run with the lower solar electricity rate.

6. RichardL

RichardL Member

Has anybody ever received this 'Tesla Rebate'? - I went with SolarCity after hearing about the rebate at TMC Connect - it took months to get the system in, due to the SolarCity rep leaving the company and no one following up - anyhow, the system finally went live in early January, I was told the rebate would come in 2 to 3 weeks and I am still waiting. The current rep and customer service people have been unresponsive to my inquiries.

My next step is to email Jerome in the hope he will at least follow through and get someone engaged.

7. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

I received it about two months after my install was completed, but also two months before the system went live due to delays at my local utility getting around to swapping out the meter. Now that my system and rebate are complete, I'll post this here for anyone else. This is what SolarCity sent me when I asked about receiving the rebate. You'll need to send your Solarcity rep your RN# (not your VIN). Good luck!

8. Sshrivas

Sshrivas Member

I received the check about 2 weeks after my system went live. once the install completed, PGE took about 10 days to complete their inspection and two weeks after that, I received the check in mail.