Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Generation Monitoring - hardwired (ethernet) network connection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @BrettS , can I ask how well a SolarEdge customer account works for total production monitoring (I'm assuming the customer account is easier to get than the installer account)? I've got to enter my total meter reading in kWh in order to collect SRECs each month.

I’ve never really looked for the data like that, so I played around a little. The MySolarEdge app as well as the solaredge.com web site are both reporting my production in MWh. It is currently reporting my lifetime production as 6.56MWh. I don’t know if it will get less precise as the lifetime number increases or not.

My Tesla app seems to still be reporting in kWh, but for me, at least, the Tesla app reports slightly lower production numbers than I get directly from the inverters. My Tesla app is reporting lifetime production of 6338kWh. I believe that in my case the discrepancy comes from the fact that the Tesla app is getting it’s numbers from the Neurio device inside my TEG, since I have a powerwall installation. In your case, with solar only the Tesla app will get it’s data directly from your inverters, so I would think that it would match what you see from SolarEdge. (Other than that missing 50kWh). I don’t know if the Tesla app will eventually switch to MWh with lower precision or not.

Someone who has had their system running longer than I have might be able to answer the question about whether the SolarEdge app or the Tesla app will lose precision as the numbers go up.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
on my setup I should be able to get the tesla total from their app (from the teg), solaredge data from them via ethernet, and also my utility which puts in a separate meter of their own on the solar output. It will be interesting to compare the 3 different values.

That is the correct hardware if you want to use zigbee gateway wireless with your router. The part number listed above is just a slave kit part number if you have more than one inverter. The actual gateway kit part number is SE-ZBGW-B-S1-NA. This includes an antenna, card for the inverter and the gateway itself.

SolarEdge SE-ZBGW-B-S1-NA - InverterSupply.com

You have to set the zigbee to multi-point follower vice p2p follower in your inverter if it uses setapp/no display inverter. I know this because I just installed this in both my inverters today and it works flawlessly. I changed out my cellular kit for this because the cellular in my area sucks pretty bad and the inverters kept intermittently dropping out everyday.

I’ve never really looked for the data like that, so I played around a little. The MySolarEdge app as well as the solaredge.com web site are both reporting my production in MWh. It is currently reporting my lifetime production as 6.56MWh. I don’t know if it will get less precise as the lifetime number increases or not.

My Tesla app seems to still be reporting in kWh, but for me, at least, the Tesla app reports slightly lower production numbers than I get directly from the inverters. My Tesla app is reporting lifetime production of 6338kWh. I believe that in my case the discrepancy comes from the fact that the Tesla app is getting it’s numbers from the Neurio device inside my TEG, since I have a powerwall installation. In your case, with solar only the Tesla app will get it’s data directly from your inverters, so I would think that it would match what you see from SolarEdge. (Other than that missing 50kWh). I don’t know if the Tesla app will eventually switch to MWh with lower precision or not.

Someone who has had their system running longer than I have might be able to answer the question about whether the SolarEdge app or the Tesla app will lose precision as the numbers go up.
Seems like BrettS and others must have a different level of access to SolarEdge data, I can see monthly data in kWh for every month as well as MWh totals for lifetime
BA49DF0A-D948-4AC3-9C89-79B51DCB9A82.png

Seems like BrettS and others must have a different level of access to SolarEdge data, I can see monthly data in kWh for every month as well as MWh totals for lifetime

69EFD38F-6A83-4701-8480-F3162486663E.jpeg

If you click this icon you should see panel level data. But I’m not sure what happens if you don’t have the correct privileges. I’m not sure if the icon is just greyed out and not clickable or if it doesn’t appear at all.

Seems like BrettS and others must have a different level of access to SolarEdge data, I can see monthly data in kWh for every month as well as MWh totals for lifetimeView attachment 602121

Greetings,

My SolarEdge app only had the dashboard like yours when I got the first email from SolarEdge saying that I now have access. I opened a case with SolarEdge requesting the Layout access and I also uploaded the pictures of the optimizer serial numbers and the layout map. The support person gave me access to the Layout tab, and also placed the panels and the matching optimizers according to the grid that had the serial numbers, thinking that that was how the optimizers were on my roof. I believe that he had not seen the roof layout map that I uploaded. I reopened the case, requesting that they match the roof layout. Thereafter, I got a message saying that my account has been updated. Now I only see the Dashboard again. But the case is still open.

Regards,

GHTech

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark