Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge HD Wave Inverter firmware.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I upgraded my inverter's firmware from 4.9.33 to 4.11.xx. I wasn't actually given a choice as it immediately started the moment I used the SolarEdge "SetApp" to see the firmware version. So that happened and the system came back up after 12 minutes and a couple of reboots by the inverter. But then I looked at the settings and saw under "Power Control" that an "Alternative Power Source" is set to "Generator". I don't have a generator! So now I doubt every other setting. Does anyone know an installer who can verify the proper settings for a SolarEdge inverter connected to Tesla's gateway w/powerwalls? I know some things relate to my local power company, but there has to be some guide used by installers on all the settings applied during commissioning for a Tesla system.

I upgraded my inverter's firmware from 4.9.33 to 4.11.xx. I wasn't actually given a choice as it immediately started the moment I used the SolarEdge "SetApp" to see the firmware version. So that happened and the system came back up after 12 minutes and a couple of reboots by the inverter. But then I looked at the settings and saw under "Power Control" that an "Alternative Power Source" is set to "Generator". I don't have a generator! So now I doubt every other setting. Does anyone know an installer who can verify the proper settings for a SolarEdge inverter connected to Tesla's gateway w/powerwalls? I know some things relate to my local power company, but there has to be some guide used by installers on all the settings applied during commissioning for a Tesla system.
From what I know, only installers with SE can run the setapp. So, how did you get in?

Upvote 0

You probably need to call your installer. There is no "stock" set of settings for any solar + powerwall setup, I am fairly certain. Since a quick internet search shows that app is used for "commissioning" which an end user owner is not (supposed) to be doing, you likely need to contact your installer and / or pay someone to come back out and ensure its setup properly.

You probably already realize this, but when one starts messing around with installer interfaces, one needs to both take precautions, and be prepared to suffer any consequences from messing around with stuff that is not customer facing.

• Helpful
Reactions: jhn_
Upvote 0
You probably need to call your installer. There is no "stock" set of settings for any solar + powerwall setup, I am fairly certain. Since a quick internet search shows that app is used for "commissioning" which an end user owner is not (supposed) to be doing, you likely need to contact your installer and / or pay someone to come back out and ensure its setup properly.

You probably already realize this, but when one starts messing around with installer interfaces, one needs to both take precautions, and be prepared to suffer any consequences from messing around with stuff that is not customer facing.
Yep, which is why I asked the question, how did he get in? This is why I wanted to get tesla to enable grid charging so everything was above board, but does not look like that will happen. With my new inverter coming, I told me installed I may have worked with SE to find the issue since they were not very proactive, BUT, I do not want to install and commission. Then I take 100% ownership.

Upvote 0
From what I know, only installers with SE can run the setapp. So, how did you get in?
Anyone can create an installer account on the Solaredge site in order to use the Setapp. Everything worked out in the sense that my system still produces and my Powerwalls still work. But I doubt I would try this again. I just saw today that new firmware became available late April, but there is still very little info on the proper settings. If I had to guess from what I saw Tesla do on installation day, my own experience and the vids on youtube, the app uses a combo of your location, the system you select (ie. U.S. 240v) to make certain default settings. But they don’t mention every setting or how to backup settings or even if should re-commission or re-pair optimizers after each firmware upgrade. Probably best to leave alone till more info appears in the web.

Upvote 0