Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Inverter App Access - Working Again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this has been posted here yet but this morning I opened my solaredge app and noticed that my system has once again been reporting data back to solaredge. It stopped in early November of 2019 and started up again around March 6th.

now if only I had a way to arrange my panel layout view so I can see which panels are which....

• Informative
Reactions: morbidz
I'm assuming you have SolarEdge Power Optimizers installed on each module.
At the time of installation, your installer should have removed the peel-off serial number from each optimizer and placed them in the grid map that corresponds to your module layout (or they could have used the installer app to map the array).
This info should have gone to SolarEdge. When SE receives it, you will see on your app the array layout exactly how it's installed so you can drill down to an individual module and view it's performance.
You may want to verify with your installer that the info was sent to SE.

Strange mine still shows last update as of November 23rd of last year.
Mine stopped on November 3rd of 2019 and resumed on March 9th 2020

I'm assuming you have SolarEdge Power Optimizers installed on each module.
At the time of installation, your installer should have removed the peel-off serial number from each optimizer and placed them in the grid map that corresponds to your module layout (or they could have used the installer app to map the array).
This info should have gone to SolarEdge. When SE receives it, you will see on your app the array layout exactly how it's installed so you can drill down to an individual module and view it's performance.
You may want to verify with your installer that the info was sent to SE.

I will try to call Tesla support but I’m assuming I’m not going to get far. In the past they don’t want anything to do with the solaredge app

When Tesla did my install last year, they did not update the physical layout. I had 2 inverters each with 1 string. What was actually installed were 2 inverters with 2 strings. I also lost data November of last year. When I asked Tesla about they told me to pound sand, they don't support Solaredge. I converted my system from Zigbee via the Tesla gateway to a direct Ethernet connection. I did have to change each inverter setting to use Ethernet. My system now reports directly to Solaredge. I also was able to request that Solaredge give me installer access so I could create the physical layout to match the actual roof. I do not have the exact location of each panel but I know what mounting plane each panel is on at least. I was able to figure that out by looking at production relative to the time of day. They granted me installer access today and I already updated the layout. The data you can get, charts etc, is very granular. I recommend this level of detail to anyone who wants to geek out over their system.

• Informative
Reactions: morbidz
Not sure if this has been posted here yet but this morning I opened my solaredge app and noticed that my system has once again been reporting data back to solaredge. It stopped in early November of 2019 and started up again around March 6th.

now if only I had a way to arrange my panel layout view so I can see which panels are which....
Did you ever contact them to see if they could reconnect with SE or did you just wake up one day and it started working?