Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Inverter confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla completed my 8.16kw, 24 panel install last month with an SE7600 inverter. I am confused by the ratings of the SE7600. I am located in central Florida and today my system is generating a peak of 7.8kW. I have read that the SE7600 can run at up to 155%. However, I have also read that the max AC power output is 8350VA. Does all this mean that the inverter can run up to 11,780kW's? If I am producing 7.8kW now, in winter, what can I expect in summer? Is the SE7600 the right size inverter for me in central Florida?

A 7.6 inverter for a 8.16kw sized system sounds correct to me. In the summer, your system will run at the same peak, but for longer (because the days are longer, and the sun is in a different position), so it will generate more energy per day in the summer than now.

Tesla completed my 8.16kw, 24 panel install last month with an SE7600 inverter. I am confused by the ratings of the SE7600. I am located in central Florida and today my system is generating a peak of 7.8kW. I have read that the SE7600 can run at up to 155%. However, I have also read that the max AC power output is 8350VA. Does all this mean that the inverter can run up to 11,780kW's? If I am producing 7.8kW now, in winter, what can I expect in summer? Is the SE7600 the right size inverter for me in central Florida?
I think the 155% is the DC to AC ratio. For example, you could put a maximum of 7600 * 1.55 = 11,780W of panels on that inverter.
The max AC power is probably the product of the 32A max output and a higher than nominal utility voltage. 8350VA would probably happen at a little over 260VAC, near the +10% line voltage allowed.