Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Monitoring w/Tesla Solar Panels (Using GWY10 Zigbee Gateway)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new systems turned on a month ago with no PW and I would really like to have monitoring from SolarEdge enabled for me.
Where do I start with to get the SE account for monitoring?

Does your panel say "S_OK" on the 1st status screen ?

s_ok missing.jpg

Thanks for the update, Chancellor32.
Sigh, maybe I'll play around with the Ethernet over the holiday break.

Like jakestgermain, I'm disappointed. I guess we were never promised solaredge monitoring to begin with, but to take it away seems even worse.

One of my friends just had solar installed under the new pricing plan (wow, was like $2.50/watt). They installed a solaredge system (I asked specifically for solaredge when my system was quoted). If that's now the standard system it would sure be nice to fully support the monitoring it provides.

A side note: My friend has the "S_OK" showing on his inverter (mine still does not). So, if this really indicates a connection to the solaredge server I suppose that means the problem we're having is not effecting everyone.

I guess I should ask him what firmware he's running.
S_OK is the confirmation that the inverter is speaking to the solar edge servers. I believe the issue is with Tesla’s installation of the zigbee and it not transmitting to the solar edge servers.

Hmmmm, I wonder if it would matter if the receiver box is in front of or behind the router. Can't reach the plug right now (it's behind the TV), but could try plugging it directly into the cable modem.... Or maybe the DMZ setting in the router.

Anyone been able to get access to create a 'layout' in the Solaredge app? I can see panel level metrics but I don't have access to create a layout. So it's a pain to see exactly which panels are being shaded. I'm stuck in the middle since Tesla won't help create a layout, nor will they provide admin access.

You need an installer account and ask Tesla to give you ownership. However I'm not sure what implications there would be with respect to support, warranty and production guarantee.

I have left the zigbee antenna connected but I had to switch the communication method to LAN. You cannot have data going to both at the same time.

If it has previously established a Zigbee connection it won't drop it - my inverter connects to SolarEdge via Ethernet and still sends the data via Zigbee to Tesla at the same time :)

Can confirm the little Neo Gateway box is the culprit.
Got a used SolarEdge branded gateway through ebay and paired the Inverter with that instead.
'S_OK' is back and data is showing on the SolarEdge app again.

My inverter has been showing S_OK and data is available on SolarEdge app for the past few days. Let’s hope it continues.
Mine is still not back. Did you do anything to get it going?

I tried updating the inverter firmware. Downloaded 3.2525 from Firmware Updates for Inverters with Display | SolarEdge . I copied it to an 8 gig uSD card. On inverter powerup it said "updating" but got stuck at 13% then just rebooted itself and got stuck again.

Same thing happened with a different SD card, after which I gave up.

Interesting, what the model of the box that you purchased ?

Yup, that is what Tesla gave me too. Worked fine until the end of November.
After reading this thread I went looking for another gateway hoping to not have to run wired ethernet.
Got lucky and found just the white plastic gateway part 2nd hand on ebay: Solar Edge home gateway SE1000-ZBGW-K5-NA
Took some finagling of the settings on the converter to get it to sync (MPS, ZB2007) but it is now back in business!

Yup, that is what Tesla gave me too. Worked fine until the end of November.
After reading this thread I went looking for another gateway hoping to not have to run wired ethernet.
Got lucky and found just the white plastic gateway part 2nd hand on ebay: Solar Edge home gateway SE1000-ZBGW-K5-NA
Took some finagling of the settings on the converter to get it to sync (MPS, ZB2007) but it is now back in business!

Is the new gateway still sending data to the tesla app (server) ?

No, going straight to SolarEdge now.
Good thing is that when it connected, most of last month's data showed up too.
Gives me a way out to check on the individual panels.
Can keep it on the Neo GW most of the time to keep Tesla happy too.

Thanks. Well, still good to know there is another option to avoid wiring up the Ethernet. Is it hard to go back and forth between the two boxes (have to re-pair each time) ?

Mine is still not back. Did you do anything to get it going?

I tried updating the inverter firmware. Downloaded 3.2525 from Firmware Updates for Inverters with Display | SolarEdge . I copied it to an 8 gig uSD card. On inverter powerup it said "updating" but got stuck at 13% then just rebooted itself and got stuck again.

Same thing happened with a different SD card, after which I gave up.
Didn’t do anything other than someone cutting my power for a minute for some work outside my house on 1/3 and it had S_OK after that.