Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Monitoring

jakestgermain

Jun 26, 2019
North Smithfield, RI
I just wanted to give everyone a head up that my system seems to be communicating with the SolarEdge Monitoring app again. I lost my connection last November like many others and today I noticed S_OK on my inverter while checking something and sure enough I have data streaming thru the SolarEdge app again

darhall993

Jan 24, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
My SolarEdge monitoring has been rock solid since July 2018, I am using an Ethernet Attached 11400HD Inverter and Ethernet attached Tesla Energy gateway, I think most folks that were installed by Tesla we’re not given the SolarEdge app setup.

Jan 6, 2012
I am considering Tesla for solar. Does the monitoring give you downloadable hourly production? Some monitoring only gives daily totals but I am on an EV TOU rate and need hourly data to do my monthly analysis.

wjgjr

May 11, 2020
Silver Spring, MD
The data from the Tesla app is available in 5-minute increments and includes Home, Solar, Power, and Grid usage. On the android version (and I'm assuming iPhone is similar) there is a link to download the data in CSV format. The one thing to be aware of is that I am only aware of a way to download the 5-minute data one day at a time. If you download the data from the weekly or monthly views, it only provides data at the day level.

There is also an API that can be used to access the current data should you want to take that approach.

Reactions: SUN-day Driver

carlosmalt

Sep 3, 2020
Santa Cruz, CA
The data from the Tesla app is available in 5-minute increments and includes Home, Solar, Power, and Grid usage. On the android version (and I'm assuming iPhone is similar) there is a link to download the data in CSV format. The one thing to be aware of is that I am only aware of a way to download the 5-minute data one day at a time. If you download the data from the weekly or monthly views, it only provides data at the day level.

There is also an API that can be used to access the current data should you want to take that approach.
Do you have a link to documentation for that API?

wjgjr

May 11, 2020
Silver Spring, MD

Do you have a link to documentation for that API?
Somebody did the work for the local gateway API and posted it on github: vloschiavo/powerwall2

I believe this is for the Tesla API (though I have not personally tinkered with it as others have): Tesla API

Reactions: LandToSea

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC