Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Monitoring

shaundidrake

Jan 30, 2021
Bay Area CA
Hi,

Below is the screenshot of my SolarEdge data today at 1pm.
It seems the inverter production 11.48kWh (green box) is quite lower than the 12 total panels productions 12.77kWh (blue box).

The inverter DC/AC efficiency is that bad or I am mistaken on something?

upload_2021-2-23_13-39-10.png

h2ofun

Aug 11, 2020
auburn, ca
Assuming you have a 11.4K SE inverter, that is all you are going to get. My 14.5K is hooked up to my 11.4 SE, and yep, it clips at max SE output on my best day.

DrSmile

Nov 7, 2018
Northern NJ
It's KWh not KW, so I don't think you're maxing out the inverter. Tell us about the system and what data you're showing... Do you have a readout for the day by 15 min interval?

shaundidrake

Jan 30, 2021
Bay Area CA
It's KWh not KW, so I don't think you're maxing out the inverter. Tell us about the system and what data you're showing... Do you have a readout for the day by 15 min interval?

That is right. Screenshot showed today's accumulated wattage, not instantaneous power.
My system is
Panels: Hanwha Q CELLS: 340x12=4kW
Inverter: SE3800H-US

RichardCullip

Jan 31, 2021
Poway, CA
I have a very similar system down in the San Diego area - 12 335W panels(4.02kW) with a SolarEdge SE3800H-US inverter. At the end of today, my SolarEdge monitoring app shows a total of 25.18 kWh at the inverter with the panels totaling 25.31kWh. My numbers are much closer than yours.

Have you checked at the end of the day to see if the values are closer to each? Sometimes the SolarEdge data collection gets a bit out of sync and the values need updating.

dnguyen

Feb 24, 2021
Hayward, Ca
I was able to login and monitor but there are no data showing on the panels and inverter output. Basically everything show ZERO.

Please help me to get panel detail monitoring

DrSmile

Nov 7, 2018
Northern NJ
The Solaredge panel detail is a little buggy. When some of the panels are covered the uncovered ones will show impossible output, mine will show more than 450 watts (not watt hours) on 330 watt panels. The overall output seems correct though.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC