Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge Physical Layout?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
So this seems to be missing from my account and some quick searching says that the only Tesla, the installer, can update this. The day of the install, I did remind the foreman like 5 times, to the point of annoyance, to please give me the layout. But at the end of the day, all he had was a piece of paper with the optimizer serial number stickers in no particular order.

So I guess I'm going to have to block each panel one at a time and wait every 15 minutes for the SE to update so I can make my own map. How do I get Tesla this to Tesla? Is it possible to create a solar edge layout file with their tools that I can send to Tesla and just ask them to update or will I just need to send them an image file with panel layout and serial numbers labeled in them?

This is all I could find with a Google search.
SolarEdge Mapper app Helps Install and Scan PV Systems | SolarEdge US

The administrative tile also has access to the layout mapper and the attached PDF. I think you need installer privileges that Tesla may be reluctant to give you to access it from their. It does look like it takes several file formats.

Attachments

• se-site-layout-editor-application-note-row.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
From reading other experiences, only the installer with a solar edge “installer” account can create the physical layout.

most of us requested a “monitoring” account which gives per panel data, but only in the logical order of the string.

the sheet you received with the qr code stickers - are they not in numbered boxes that correspond with the solar edge string order?