Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold ‘21 MY LR, upgraded to a ‘22 MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

1plavs

‘22 MYP, White/Black
Mar 29, 2021
MKE

The Ryzen on the MYP is so quick. A hard reboot only takes less than minute compared to 3-4 minutes like before. The electric parking brake seems ALOT quieter, VERY quite inside, no squeaks or rattles, the door closes so smoothly vs a loud slam. I’m impressed as this vehicle feels 30-40% more solidly built. I debated on waiting for the 4680’s, but why? GigaTexas has not built as many vehicles as Fremont has built, so I wouldn’t want one if the first vehicles rolling out of that factory.

I sold mine for $64k (white:black, no FSD or hitch) to a west coast dealer. I spent months trying to get a good resale value.

How long did it take from the time you placed your order until delivery.

Still no rear mud flaps.
1/8 to 2/15, but I wasn’t ready until now. I had a Hold. I’ll be getting rear flaps on Amazon, but I have been reading the clips on those are near impossible to remove. I wonder if anyone had any luck with other clips.

The Ryzen on the MYP is so quick. A hard reboot only takes less than minute compared to 3-4 minutes like before. The electric parking brake seems ALOT quieter, VERY quite inside, no squeaks or rattles, the door closes so smoothly vs a loud slam. I’m impressed as this vehicle feels 30-40% more solidly built. I debated on waiting for the 4680’s, but why? GigaTexas has not built as many vehicles as Fremont has built, so I wouldn’t want one if the first vehicles rolling out of that factory.

I sold mine for $64k (white:black, no FSD or hitch) to a west coast dealer so if anyone is interested, PM me for details. I spent months trying to get a good resale value.
Looks amazing ! Sold my late 21 MYLR and waiting on MYP. I had the ABoost however so I’m curious how diff it will feel.

How’s the suspension and handling compared to the LR? Are you running the stock 21’s or considering a switch to 20’s?

Looks amazing ! Sold my late 21 MYLR and waiting on MYP. I had the ABoost however so I’m curious how diff it will feel.

How’s the suspension and handling compared to the LR? Are you running the stock 21’s or considering a switch to 20’s?
Handles great. Maybe slightly stiffer, but hardly noticeable in my opinion. I may switch to 19’s during the wintertime with winter tires, but I have to see where I can go look for tire and wheel size recommendations. More than likely I’ll have it done at Costco.

Handles great. Maybe slightly stiffer, but hardly noticeable in my opinion. I may switch to 19’s during the wintertime with winter tires, but I have to see where I can go look for tire and wheel size recommendations. More than likely I’ll have it done at Costco.
Good to hear. I’ll likely run the 21” Michelins at 39 psi to take some minor bumps out. Makes a difference.

I’d be fine with a car out if freemont as long as it’s a 4680. Something tells me all 4680 battery cars will eventually see this pop up one random update: ‘Congratulations your vehicle’s range has now increased by x miles and 0-60 has reduced .0x seconds…thank you for supporting Tesla’

I’d grit my fkg teeth off if I got a 2170 right before a 4680 came out lol.

I’d be fine with a car out if freemont as long as it’s a 4680. Something tells me all 4680 battery cars will eventually see this pop up one random update: ‘Congratulations your vehicle’s range has now increased by x miles and 0-60 has reduced .0x seconds…thank you for supporting Tesla’

I’d grit my fkg teeth off if I got a 2170 right before a 4680 came out lol.
Not me. There’s absolutely no reason I need to go faster than 3.3-3.5 seconds 0-60 bro lol. Plus I average 100-200 miles a week. More then enough.

Fremont
Quality control is great.

GigaTexas
Crossing your fingers that quality control is great.

Yeah….I’m cool with what I did. Trust me.

🤷🏽‍♂️Necessary? I run my 22’ model 3 LR at 38 psi even now and it’s fantastic. Makes a huge diff to road imperfections and minor bumps. Just feels more like the suspension it should come with. Im fine with 3-4% range loss for comfort.
I typically do a Nitrogen conversion for all my vehicles at Costco. I think it’s worth it. Plus it’s only $10 for all 4 tires.

Reactions: Destiny1701
Not me. There’s absolutely no reason I need to go faster than 3.3-3.5 seconds 0-60 bro lol. Plus I average 100-200 miles a week. More then enough.

Fremont
Quality control is great.

GigaTexas
Crossing your fingers that quality control is great.

Yeah….I’m cool with what I did. Trust me.
All the power to you my friend :) your driving it NOW and I’m not lol. I’m more waiting for range increase off of weight savings. 488km up here In Toronto Canada for an MYP is not enough given winters and actual real world range. However I do have to wonder if I replace my 21” Ubers with a 20” forged which is lighter than even 19” Gemini’s, would my range come back to the LR MY range? Motors are seemingly the same 🤷🏽‍♂️Just output was released for P.

All the power to you my friend :) your driving it NOW and I’m not lol. I’m more waiting for range increase off of weight savings. 488km up here I’m Canada for an MYP is not enough given winters, actual real world range. However I do have to wonder if replace my 21” Ubers with a 20” forged which is lighter than even 19” Gemini’s, would my range come back to the LR MY range? Motors are seemingly the same 🤷🏽‍♂️Just output was released for P.
I’m going to get 19” dedicated winter tires and new wheels more than likely at Costco. Makes sense here in WI.

Reactions: Destiny1701
MY production has been going on for a while now -Giga Texas will fix the bugs & kinks faster besides the single casting only comes from Texas.
I'd expect Austin to have the best build quality of any current site, simply because it's the most recent to start production. This is based on two things:

1) Austin will have learned from all the mistakes and issues made by Fremont, Shanghai, and even Berlin.
2) All the manufacturing equipment installed at Austin will be newer than anything installed at Fremont, Shanghai, and Berlin.

Think of it is as building a house. One house was built over 10 years ago. Another was built 5 years. Another was built 2 years ago. And now you are building a new house. Imagine all that you have learned as you now build your 4th house.. vs your 1st. In addition to that think about much the building code has changed. I would expect even things like the painting process alone to be a massive difference between an Austin and Fremont built Y. Look at home much money is wasted by Tesla service centers having to repair paint flaws on newly delivered cars coming out of Fremont, its a problem that is sure to be targeted with whatever paint process will be installed at Austin.

I'd expect Austin to have the best build quality of any current site, simply because it's the most recent to start production. This is based on two things:

1) Austin will have learned from all the mistakes and issues made by Fremont, Shanghai, and even Berlin.
2) All the manufacturing equipment installed at Austin will be newer than anything installed at Fremont, Shanghai, and Berlin.

Think of it is as building a house. One house was built over 10 years ago. Another was built 5 years. Another was built 2 years ago. And now you are building a new house. Imagine all that you have learned as you now build your 4th house.. vs your 1st. In addition to that think about much the building code has changed. I would expect even things like the painting process alone to be a massive difference between an Austin and Fremont built Y. Look at home much money is wasted by Tesla service centers having to repair paint flaws on newly delivered cars coming out of Fremont, its a problem that is sure to be targeted with whatever paint process will be installed at Austin.
Consider the human factor. Suppose you are opening a new state of the art automotive assembly facility. Everyone is new to their job, there is no one to go to ask questions, no muscle memory of how things should be done to ensure uninterrupted production, prevent injuries. Now add that as a hiring manager you have to pretty much hire anyone who applies as long as they have a pulse. Hire everyone, sort them out later. I believe it will take at least 12 months for Tesla Austin to start to hit it's production targets and achieve acceptable quality.