Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOLD - 2014 Blue Model S Tesla, 36,000 miles, 85 kWh, RWD, Tech, Boulder, CO, - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SOLD - 2014 Blue Model S Tesla, 36,000 miles, 85 kWh, RWD, Tech, Boulder, CO, - SOLD

Mar 9, 11 am
SOLD

Mar 8, 3 pm
The car is at the Denver Service Center and they tell me it should be ready tomorrow. It will have two new tires (plus the existing two with just 10,000 miles on them), an alignment, plus the annual service when it is done.

I am lowering the price to $49,900. If you can pick the car up tomorrow at the Denver Service Center (I'll meet you there), we can go at $49,400. With a trade-in estimate from Tesla of $53,00 to $56,600, if you were buying a new Tesla today, you could buy my car, trade it in, and make $3,000+ (I can't do this because I am not buying a new Tesla).

Mar 7, 7 am
$51,900

Mar 6, 1 pm
Just heard from Tesla CPO: they value my car, for private sale, between $53,000 and $56,600. So here it is, $52,900.

Mar 6 6:30 am
Price to $54,900

Mar 5, 2:20 pm
Price to $56,200

Mar 4, 8 PM:
I am interested in a quick sale so I am going to occasionally drop the price on this car until it sells. Tonight is the first, and the price is now $56,900. Check back to see the next drop.

2014 Model S 85 kWh
VIN: 5YJSA1H16EFP36863
Original purchase, Apr 30 2014; $90,570
35,715 miles (Mar 4 2016)
Tech package
Supercharger enabled (factory)
Blue metallic paint
Grey Nappa leather
Piano black decor
Black brake calipers
19 inch wheels
Smart suspension
Parking sensors
Side mirrors auto-fold; auto-tilt on reverse
Subzero package
Two key fobs
Z-Chain set (Z-563) with extra crossmembers
Front sunshade
Tesla tire inflation pump
110 V, J1772, 14-50, and "new" and "old" dryer charge adapters
Carfax report from Feb 23 2016
Fast, smooth, silent; a magic carpet ride (but you knew that)

All service done on schedule
Two new tires (on Mar 9 2016), two replaced at 26,539 miles (Apr 13 2015)
Minor parking lot ding, right rear bumper
Small, non-spreading rock ding in windshield

Annual service to be done at Denver Service Center, Mar 9
Car in Boulder (except during Mar 9 service)
Consideration given for a quick sale to knowledgable buyer and also for sale before Mar 9 service
Raising cash for house purchase, must sell
Pick-up at Denver Service Center possible after service (6395 East Evans Avenue)

Link to Tesla's Pre-owned cars for sale: https://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned
Most similar car currently on that site, $69,900: https://www.teslamotors.com/models/preowned/p44487

List Date: 3/4/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: SOLD - 2014 Blue Model S Tesla, 36,000 miles, 85 kWh, RWD, Tech, Boulder, CO, - SOLD
--------------------------------------
On Sale For: $49,900.00

buynowbutton.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

cddb47cf-365f-4ed3-97e3-b909aa68744e.jpg

I just got a PM with some good questions, so I will answer them here.

Q: Do you have actual images of the exterior and interior?
A: Yes, I do. The car is scheduled for a detail on Tuesday (Mar 8), and rather than post older photos, or pre-detail photos, I plan to take a bunch after the detail for posting. The car is in fine shape other than the minor, right-rear parking lot ding and small rock-chip on the windshield as noted. The photos will reveal no surprises.

Q: Since you just heard from Tesla CPO folks, why not just sell it to them?
A: I would like to, and actually wrote them asking if they would buy it. They told me they don’t re-purchase cars unless one is buying a new Tesla at the same time. They kindly offered to give me a private-party estimate which came to $53,000 to $56,600.

Q: Since you are so close to the end of the warranty mileage, and you are the original owner, would you include new 4yr/50k mi extended warranty?
A: I would, except I think that is only available to the original owner (please correct me if I am wrong!). The original owner is my dad. His first car was a Model A Ford, and he wanted his last to be a Model S Tesla. He loved the car, and had no trouble with the charging, one-pedal drive, etc., but the absence of an “off” switch on the radio led to distraction he felt was too dangerous, and his less-nimble, elderly attention left him finding the center display also causing him more distraction than he felt comfortable with. I bought the car from him four months after he bought it. So I am, actually, the second owner.

The car is at the Denver Service Center and they tell me it should be ready tomorrow. It will have two new tires (plus the existing two with just 10,000 miles on them), an alignment, plus the annual service when it is done.

I am lowering the price to $49,900. If you can pick the car up tomorrow at the Denver Service Center (I’ll meet you there), we can go at $49,400. With a trade-in estimate from Tesla of $53,00 to $56,600, if you were buying a new Tesla today, you could buy my car, trade it in, and make $3,000+ (I can’t do this because I am not buying a new Tesla).

Wow! Great price. I remember a year or so ago everyone arguing when prices would drop below $50K. Now here they are an nobody's jumping on this. Perhaps I should have waited.

Several interested folks have been asking for photos and photos of the bumper ding. If the car doesn’t sell tomorrow at the Service Center, I will post some post-detail photos. For now, here are a few photos from earlier, plus one with the bumper-dings circled. I don’t have a photo of the windshield ding: it is small. The Tesla tech who picked up the car this morning and I had to look to find it.

IMG_4272.jpg
IMG_6011.jpg
IMG_7445.jpg
IMG_6634.jpeg
IMG_5214.jpeg
IMG_5019.jpeg
IMG_4915.jpeg
017-IMG_7543.jpeg
IMG_9228.jpg

Humm, it appears the owner is trying to sell the car very quickly. The price is like 15k below what you would probably be able to buy from Tesla (or compared with most other comparable cars). Someone should pick this up quick before it's gone.

If I didn't have a Tesla already now, I would call and buy this car immediately.