Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold: 2014 P85D fully loaded and upgraded, $49,500

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This Model S P85D has every possible option and has been fully upgraded in every way imaginable (except for Ludicrous). A November 2014 build, it was originally delivered on 1/15/2015 and so still has drivetrain and battery warranty through 1/15/2023 (bumper-to-bumper general warranty has expired). The car has been garaged at all times at both home and work and has CilaJet ceramic coating paint protection. The battery has been babied with the vast majority of the charging on level 1 or 2 AC (very little Supercharging despite free unlimited Supercharging for life), routine charging limited to 80-90%, and charged up to 100% only a single digit number of times in its life. The range at 100% charge is 237 mi as of July 2022. This car, like all early P85D builds, comes with the vaunted Performance Plus suspension which inspires religious devotion amongst its fans for its extremely sporty and tight handling due to upgraded sway bars and bushings. The Rear-Facing seats turn the car into a 7-person family hauler, and my kids (ages 5 and 8) refuse to ride anywhere else - though the RFS are not suitable for adults or teenagers. The giant sunroof works perfectly and like the Rear-Facing seats, isn't offered by Tesla any more, so it's highly sought after. This is the original Tesla supercar with Insane Mode acceleration, and while newer Ludicrous and Plaid versions may technically have faster 0-60 times, the acceleration in this car will still kick your butt and drop your stomach, especially with Launch Mode. The Autopilot is version 1 which cannot be upgraded to Full-Self Driving, but it still works perfectly and really shines in highway driving, making long car trips a breeze. The infotainment MCU 1 was upgraded to MCU 2 in 2020 and it basically made it a new car again. The car will be sold with both of my sets of wheels - 21" forged silver staggered Arachnid wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (Tesla acoustic spec with noise-reducing foam) with 7/32" tread left for summer driving, and 19" silver Cyclone wheels with Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II with 10/32" tread left which I use for other seasons. One of the rear/wide Arachnids has some moderate curb rash which is currently hidden by the red Wheel Band rim protection pinstriping (the curb rash incident inspired the wheel bands); the other 3 are perfect. All 4 of the Cyclones have mild curb rash which is currently hidden because they have all been Plasti-Dipped anthracite grey. I have a few extra cans of Anthracite Plasti-Dip with a bottle of Dip Release that will convey with the sale in case you want to keep the Plasti-Dipped look, to deal with any touch-ups in the future.

I love this car more than any other physical possession I've ever owned and have years of incredible memories with it, and it pains me to let it go, but I'm getting a Rivian R1T for towing and can't justify keeping both. This is my daily driver so it will continue to accrue miles until it is sold, though not very many because I have a short commute and will plan on avoiding road trips going forward.

Details/Options:
- Free premium LTE data for life
- Free unlimited Supercharging for life
- Performance Plus smart air suspension
- All-wheel drive dual motor
- 85 kWh battery
- Pearl white multicoat paint (PPSW)
- All Glass Panoramic Sunroof
- Carbon fiber interior decor
- Black Next Gen leather seats (including next gen in the back)
- Black alcantara headliner
- Carbon fiber spoiler
- Performance red Tesla brake calipers
- Premium interior package
- Rear facing third row seats
- Subzero package
- Ultra high fidelity sound upgrade
- Dual chargers, allows charging up to 80 amps on AC

Upgrades to the car include:
- MCU 2 upgrade in 2020 (will include my Belkin video game controller)
- OBDLinkMX+ bluetooth OBD port reader which allows access to vast volumes of the car's telemetry using the Scan My T3sla app
- CilaJet ceramic coating, warrantied through 2025
- IRO rear-view mirror integrated 1080p forward-facing WiFi dash cam
- Abstract Ocean interior LED lighting upgrades throughout, which make a huge difference particularly in the frunk and trunk
- Taptes center console insert for Model S with Yacht Floor
- Carbon fiber cubby drawer
- Gorilla silver lug nuts in place of the OEM lug nuts which had swollen/deformed casings
- Carbon fiber wheel center cap "T" appliques
- OEDRO all-weather custom cut floor mats (original Tesla carpet floor mats also included and in great shape)
- 4 Murphy's Law jack pad adapters for Model S (prevents damage to battery/underfloor with jacks)
- Abstract Ocean rubber door sill, center console, and cup holder liners

Warranty repairs:
- New front half-shafts 2019
- Minor sunroof repair due to a broken screw 2019
- New front upper control arms 2021
- New complete front air suspension 2022

Known issues to disclose, shown in pictures where possible:
- Minor rock chips on hood
- Small indentations in front skirt
- Minor scuff on right rear quarter panel/fender paint from a low-speed parking incident
- Minor rumble from front end under very heavy acceleration, usually only when car/motor is cold, has been checked out multiple times by Tesla service and is a known issue with P85D front motor mounts. Tesla reports no fix is needed, no safety or wear issues. Ways to minimize the problem are to warm up the car/motor by driving around quite a bit before launching, and make sure air suspension is in "low" before flooring it.

tempImagemmYDPZ.jpg

tempImageQHomHm.jpg
tempImageodbBWE.jpg
tempImageKoBaHX.jpg
tempImage4njd2P.jpg
tempImagei3zMnd.jpg
tempImageN2pwiP.jpg
tempImagex909nb.jpg

Reactions: iamthewaughrus
Wondering if you would be willing to take a moment to comment on the IRO dashcam? Did you like it overall? Did it have motion detection or a button to press to record when in a parking lot? Did it cause any weird vampire drive after install? Thanks !
The IRO was a very basic dashcam without motion-detection or press to record because it was always-on. It was wired to the 12v power source in the rear-view mirror and was on and recording at all times whenever the car was on. I put a big 128GB flash card in it that held about 48h or so or 1080p video, which honestly was good for several weeks of usual driving (it came with a cheapo 32GB card that I promptly upgraded). So in the event anything happened I could use the app to download video from the camera’s WiFi, although I guess you could get a card reader and pull it off the physical card, too.

The main benefit of this particular camera was its absolutely seamless integration with the rear-view mirror housing. You pop off the back of the rear view, wire the camera in, and screw the camera in, in place of the OEM housing, and it looks like it is totally OEM and supposed to be there. Overall I was pretty happy with the camera and its ease of use.

Reactions: tesluv108
The IRO was a very basic dashcam without motion-detection or press to record because it was always-on. It was wired to the 12v power source in the rear-view mirror and was on and recording at all times whenever the car was on. I put a big 128GB flash card in it that held about 48h or so or 1080p video, which honestly was good for several weeks of usual driving (it came with a cheapo 32GB card that I promptly upgraded). So in the event anything happened I could use the app to download video from the camera’s WiFi, although I guess you could get a card reader and pull it off the physical card, too.

The main benefit of this particular camera was its absolutely seamless integration with the rear-view mirror housing. You pop off the back of the rear view, wire the camera in, and screw the camera in, in place of the OEM housing, and it looks like it is totally OEM and supposed to be there. Overall I was pretty happy with the camera and its ease of use.
Did you use a TeslaTap wiring harness to provide 12V power to your IRO dash cam?

Did you use a TeslaTap wiring harness to provide 12V power to your IRO dash cam?

No I didn’t. The IRO comes with a wiring harness that you splice into the 12 volt wire inside the rear view, for dimming etc. It was easier than I thought it would be. It’s always on only when the car is on, and shuts off/stops recording when the car turns off, which is the way I preferred it.

Status
Not open for further replies.