Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold another MS in Hawaii today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dsmith..story about those who didn't sell...i'm sure there are actually a lot of people who got out earlier too...

http://www.mercurynews.com/business...made-fortunes-tesla-motors-stock?source=email

I put my self-directed IRA into TSLA after buying the car, but unfortunately there was only $24k in the account. On the plus side I bought it at $38/share. On the minus side, I sold almost half of my shares to re-coup my investment in TSLA (and then some) when the shares hit $94. I'm feeling silly for doing that now, but at least I still have a decent size position in TSLA which jumped over $9 in value today. I'm convinced it's going to keep rising leading up to the launch of GenIII (with a lot of volatility along the way) and will hold since there's potential for this stock to hit $300-$400 a share by then.

StephenM, You did well. Congratulations! We all could have done better if we had known better. What softens the blow is hearing other "the one that got away" stories. I bought Tesla stock at $28 but had to sell at $41 to pay off my HELOC as I thought I was just days away from the signing to refinance my house. As it turns out, my mortgage broker left the country for Italy as signing day approached, said "Don't worry, rates will come down again," and of course the refi nightmare only got worse from there. The second lender (I wanted nothing to do with Miss Rome anymore) stretched the whole process out over too long a period and the soonest I could buy Tesla stock again was earlier this week. So, I did enjoy a nice bump today but I only own 100 shares now and I long to have the kind of shares in the company I once enjoyed. I'll probably bite the bullet and buy more, but I sure lost a much better deal. By the way, I just calculated that it will take me 30 years of savings with the new home refi to pay for the money I lost in four months by selling my Tesla shares. See, don't you feel a little better now?

No one can predict the market so don't feel badly one way or the other. We are all driving a spectacular car. That's what counts.

I agree..my interest in the Model S was simply because I wanted a Nice looking EV. Am blown away at how awesome the car is and what a game changer it is for the car industry :)

Forgot to add what a great group of people Tesla owners are too :)

I agree..my interest in the Model S was simply because I wanted a Nice looking EV. Am blown away at how awesome the car is and what a game changer it is for the car industry :)

Agreed!

Only exception was I wasn't in the market for an EV (was looking at M3 or 911). That's how awesome and game-changing this company is.

My motivation was the timing. My daughter is going to drive soon so we needed another car. And since we had PV, we wanted to look into EV for that reason. The MS also is perfect for me since I am a techie.

No one can predict the market so don't feel badly one way or the other. We are all driving a spectacular car. That's what counts.

Unless of course, failing to predict the market means that you don't have enough money to buy one.

I console myself with the thought that if I'm really left thinking "if only I'd invested in Tesla" it'll be because I can afford to buy their Gen 3 and the world will now become a better place.