Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOLD - Baby Turtle - Roadster 1194

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We've been toying with selling and upgrading our early Model S but can't bear it. I imagine it must be so much harder for the car that launched Tesla.

The current thinking is get the new roadster when it launches. Maybe you'll be ready for an upgrade too?
I did it, and was really bummed that after I took delivery of my new S, I just didn't feel like I thought I would feel. It lasted several weeks, and I was really perplexed...until one day, when the new owner of my old blue 60 texted me a pic of her on some fabulous adventure without me. Then it hit me...I was actually mourning the loss of her. I finally did bond with my new one, but there'll never be another like the first!

Bonnie, I'm so sorry for your loss!

• Love
Reactions: bonnie
Baby Turtle is about to leave with a Tesla employee & will be on display at the new Portland service center during the grand opening. Following that, Plycar will pick up and take down to the Bay Area & to the new owner.

And I teared up today, went for one last drive. So hard! But this car deserves to be driven and admired. I'm just glad I got to have it in my garage for so long. And I'll still visit. :)

Baby Turtle_.jpg

Last edited:
new adventures.

New Adventures. These cars are meant to be driven and experienced. Meant to be shown to the public to demonstrate just what an EV can be. Not stored in a garage, or under a snow drift ;).

It sounds like you've found a great home for Baby Turtle - someone who will drive it like it is meant to be driven, and get it out there for people to see.

For me, it's all about driving electric. I know it's sad to see the Roadster go, but you're still driving a Tesla, and that's what really counts. Six years on, I still kind of miss my P.O.S. garden-pest-green Zap Xebra, which was my first BEV. 35 mph on level ground, 40 miles maximum range if I drove gently, and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun to drive! And soon I might end up exchanging the Roadster for a Model 3, since I want the AP and safety features the Roadster lacks. I'll have to test drive one first before I decide whether to switch. You'll always miss the Roadster, especially if it was your first EV, but all things must pass.

Reactions: bonnie