Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my '19 model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK for bottom readers

OP got a model 3
sold model 3 for a HellCat
sorry wrong thread, I mean a Leaf
Now he goes on a Tesla forum to boast about it
My guess in the Leaf forum he would be Abby - normal

I have a Leaf and my wife came running in and said it broken.
I said its not our model 3 and its a leaf.

OK I do not try to make judgements here but he just traded a keg
of beer for a glass of water. Maybe thinking wine later, not going to happen
I think he just put lipstick on the pig.

Good trade-In value, still. I guess it depends on where you are located. Carvana is offering ~34 for my white SR+ with 9500 miles. Anybody know if there is a way to specify white interior on carvana? It did not ask me about that during the questionnaire.

...I decided I would sell the M3 and buy my 3rd Leaf knowing full well that the Leaf is certainly not comparable to Tesla but will serve my purpose of having an EV for around town driving. During final negotiations with the Nissan sales manager who I bought my previous Leafs from I asked if he had any interest in my M3, and he agreed to match the Carvana $39k on trade which saved me $900 in sales tax. So for a 2020 Leaf S MSRP $34,610 my net cost was $20.150.

The Leaf doesn't have liquid battery cooling or the ability to set charge levels. The latest generation models are not holding up well on the battery degradation side because of these design flaws. Also, I was talking to a Nissan representative recently and found them to be rude. Before it's too late, you should trade in your Leaf and get another Tesla. All Teslas have liquid battery cooling / configurable battery charge levels.

Nissan has some work to do on both the design and customer satisfaction sides.

The Leaf doesn't have liquid battery cooling or the ability to set charge levels. The latest generation models are not holding up well on the battery degradation side because of these design flaws. Also, I was talking to a Nissan representative recently and found them to be rude. Before it's too late, you should trade in your Leaf and get another Tesla. All Teslas have liquid battery cooling / configurable battery charge levels.

Nissan has some work to do on both the design and customer satisfaction sides.

I think bjorn videos about leafs put me from ever owning leaf. It's an ok city car but hell no for long distance driving.

Too late, I think OP fled the scene immediately after posting.

If ever there was a case of ‘should have consulted the forum first’

LIeSwwA.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Reborn
I tend to buy and sell cars very frequently. My wife's father and brother were Ford dealers so she grew up accustomed to there being a new car in the garage every few months. I read a WSJ article recently reporting that used car values have risen due to the post lock down buying boom. I have also been following Carvana's business model and decided to see what they would pay for my '19 M3 standard range. Input the data - white, 19" wheels with 3200 miles. They replied with an offer of $39,000 or $1,300 more than I paid for the car last year not counting the $1,875 tax credit. I decided I would sell the M3 and buy my 3rd Leaf knowing full well that the Leaf is certainly not comparable to Tesla but will serve my purpose of having an EV for around town driving. During final negotiations with the Nissan sales manager who I bought my previous Leafs from I asked if he had any interest in my M3, and he agreed to match the Carvana $39k on trade which saved me $900 in sales tax. So for a 2020 Leaf S MSRP $34,610 my net cost was $20.150.
I thought he meant his "net cost" was $20,150. So, he made $4k on the trade, due to high valuation, tax credit and sales tax. Presumably, he must have knocked off $10k in price negotiations. He's proud of his car-buying skilz cause he's so experienced.

I thought he meant his "net cost" was $20,150. So, he made $4k on the trade, due to high valuation, tax credit and sales tax. Presumably, he must have knocked off $10k in price negotiations. He's proud of his car-buying skilz cause he's so experienced.

Yes. He got a Leaf for 20k instead of 34k...

But it's a LEAF. I wouldn't keep it if you gave one to me.

OP - congrats on the sale! I Also traded in a Tesla with Carvana at a very good price but I traded it in for another Tesla.

I'm not going to hate on you for buying a Leaf 'cause it's also electric, and I'm sure it suits your needs.

In the future, press the enter key once in a while, helps out with legibility.

OP - congrats on the sale! I Also traded in a Tesla with Carvana at a very good price but I traded it in for another Tesla.

I'm not going to hate on you for buying a Leaf 'cause it's also electric, and I'm sure it suits your needs.

In the future, press the enter key once in a while, helps out with legibility.

wat did you get for your Tesla?