Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my 22 Plaid X, questions about Raven Regen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After 13k miles, I threw in the towel and sold my '22 X Plaid. There were too many things I disliked, most of them related to the steering yoke and haptic controls, as well as the horizontal screen.

I'm now considering a low mileage pre-refresh Raven X, (a 2020 or 2021). Does anyone know if these have adjustable regen as my earlier 2018 MX P100D had?
Forgot about that. From this article, they think it was from around June 2020. It points to a reddit and TMC Model S thread with more info.
The reddit also pointed to an X TMC thread: Set regen breaking to Low
_ However, new Tesla buyers are now reporting that the automaker has removed the option of choosing the regenerative braking strength.
_ Owners of new Tesla vehicles built in the last few months are reporting on the forums (Reddit and TMC) that they don’t see the option in the settings anymore and some of them are being told by Tesla service centers that it is not a bug.
_ Tesla is now delivering new cars with the regen strength being standard without the option to put it to ‘low’.
_ The automaker is not taking away the option for vehicles who had it before even with the latest software updates.
_ It appears to only affect new vehicles delivered since around June 2020.

The only adjustment on the later Raven (Defenitely whenever the h pack "long range double-plus" 371 rated-range thing happened) is the throttle pedal, so maybe avoid those and look for a Q1-Q2 build

Just charge to 100% or leave it out in the cold all the time and you'll always have low regen, lol

I assume this had something to do with range ratings and EPA test procedures or something. I imagine low regen would cost you 5-10 miles over the course of a test cycle

My November 2020 build with 31,000 miles on it has 350 miles of range at 100%. Based on that and others' experiences I'd expect a Performance from early 2020 to be in the 295-ish range by now with similar miles, if that matters. And at some point mid-2020 they changed charging-related hardware somewhere that allows for slightly higher peak speeds, but I wouldn't worry about that because it can only hold 200kw for a few minutes before it heat limits. My car charges about the same speed on a V2 and V3 unless it's a very quick hit to add 20-25% from low SoC, then the V3 is marginally faster.

Last edited:
After 13k miles, I threw in the towel and sold my '22 X Plaid. There were too many things I disliked, most of them related to the steering yoke and haptic controls, as well as the horizontal screen.

I'm now considering a low mileage pre-refresh Raven X, (a 2020 or 2021). Does anyone know if these have adjustable regen as my earlier 2018 MX P100D had?
Yours the blue one for sale on Tesla?

Then be sure not to buy a new X. The regen is not adjustable and much stronger than even the regular mode of the pre-refresh.

That’s a knife that cuts both ways. Not giving her a choice but to get used to it would probably work. I’d hear complaining for a week and then it’d be over. ;)

That said, the X has skyrocketed in price. Even with yesterday’s drop, it’s $38k more than I paid for the ‘20 with FSD and free Supercharging. Planning to drive this one into the ground for another decade!

Reactions: Falcon73
That’s a knife that cuts both ways. Not giving her a choice but to get used to it would probably work. I’d hear complaining for a week and then it’d be over. ;)

That said, the X has skyrocketed in price. Even with yesterday’s drop, it’s $38k more than I paid for the ‘20 with FSD and free Supercharging. Planning to drive this one into the ground for another decade!
Into have a 2020 model X LR withFSD and free supercharging. You are correct there would have to be major improvements and/or price drop to get me to move. I would not put it past Elon though to offer a December special trade in for us with free Supercharging with a trade in - grandfather clause.