Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my 85D this morning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had what may possibly be the easiest and most pleasant vehicle sales transaction I've ever had.

I'd advertised my 85D on a couple of the "Tesla For Sale" Facebook groups, not expecting anything to come of it. And sure enough, the trolls descended to price-bash. I had a couple of messages of interest, but nothing serious. So I put together an auction submission for Cars&Bids, but just before it went live I had a FB message from the gentleman who has just driven off in 'my' car.

Initially I thought it was a scam - he was offering close to my asking price, and planning to fly out from San Francisco to drive the car home. As we messaged back and forth, though, we figured out that each other was on the level, so moved forward with the sale. This morning I drove out to Dulles Airport, met him from his flight, stopped at a Supercharger to show him around the car, and then went to the bank to complete the transaction. He even insisted on driving me home afterward.

I'll be without a Tesla for the next two or three weeks, but have a verbal agreement on a Raven LR that will be available at the beginning of April.

Cheers :)

This used market is INSANE. Demand through the roof for sure. 100% a sellers market. Glad the sale went well/smoothly. I had similiar success last summer, but via ebay. Buyer didnt even ask to have it inspected or anything. Sent him a ton of pics, video clips. He paid me, truck arrived 2 days later to pick it up, delivered 1/2 way across country, buyer messaged me that it was in better shape than even shown int he pics. win/win for both of us.

Reactions: JimmyB