Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my car but I’m still getting charged?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my Model 3 on November 8th at a dealership and i factory reset it in the car. (Had to do it twice because it still showed my info)

On my Tesla account i still have not removed the vehicle from my account so I still have the VIN attached to my account then the new owner bought the premium connectivity and my credit card got charged. I proceeded to remove the car/vin off my account and I had to deal with my bank to get a refund and I changed my credit card just in case for future purchases ( don’t want them buying FSD on my credit card.

I looked at my charging history and it still shows my info under “SOLD TO” how do I get rid of this I don’t want the new owner knowing my info which shows my name, phone number, email and address for security purposes

Will deleting my tesla account change this?

Only reason I haven’t deleted my Tesla account is because if delete it and my info is still with the car i wouldn’t know how to do deal with it

What should I do? Contact tesla? Or just delete Tesla account

Attachments

• 46BA1D9A-34D9-459B-8A12-153D12A669DB.jpeg
    46BA1D9A-34D9-459B-8A12-153D12A669DB.jpeg
    120.1 KB · Views: 226
I'm a bit confused why you think that the new owner would have access to the charging invoices in your account.

Yes, you failed to remove the car from your account, so when purchases that are tied to our VIN were incurred, they wound up in your account, but that does not necessarily mean that the new owner can view your account (I highly doubt they can, unless they use social engineering techniques to convince Tesla to give them access to your account).

Reactions: android04
I'm a bit confused why you think that the new owner would have access to the charging invoices in your account.

Yes, you failed to remove the car from your account, so when purchases that are tied to our VIN were incurred, they wound up in your account, but that does not necessarily mean that the new owner can view your account (I highly doubt they can, unless they use social engineering techniques to convince Tesla to give them access to your account).
So even if I went to my charging history and it showed it was billed under my name? And the new owner would it show him my info?

Aswell I changed my credit card (cancelled and got new one) and changed payment method on tesla account but premium connectivity is still getting charged

Aswell I changed my credit card (cancelled and got new one) and changed payment method on tesla account but premium connectivity is still getting charged
Did you remove the car from your Tesla account using the steps posted above? If you sold the car, you need to remove the car from your Tesla account so the new owner could add it to his/her Tesla account. If you have already removed the car and the charges are still coming to your account, you need to contact Tesla. Cancelling your credit card will only prevents charges to that credit card, but Tesla will remember your charges (or the new owner's charges) on the account. If you ever buy another Tesla, you will be responsible to pay those charges if you don't clear them up now.

Reactions: RTPEV
So even if I went to my charging history and it showed it was billed under my name? And the new owner would it show him my info?
Sorry for the delay in reply...holidays...

Anyway, the key in what you wrote above is that you said "So even if I went to my charging history" (emphasis mine).

Yes, YOU can go to your charging history, but unless you've also given the new owner your password to get into your Tesla account, they are not going to be able to see YOUR billing history. If they have a Tesla account at all, only invoices billed to that account would be shown to them, and since it's you, rather than them, that are getting billed, it would be empty.

Reactions: android04