Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my Model 3 to save for Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update to this thread. News of late 2022/2023 production has me down so I pulled CT savings and am putting 24k down on a MYP.

Goal is to have the payment low enough on the MYP by the time CT comes out that we can keep both.

Will probably shoot for dual motor now though. Unless we trade in the MYP

Reactions: T3SLAROD
Update to this thread. News of late 2022/2023 production has me down so I pulled CT savings and am putting 24k down on a MYP.

Goal is to have the payment low enough on the MYP by the time CT comes out that we can keep both.

You’ll probably have the MYP paid off by the time the CT comes around. Good move.

Like the title says. I'm Yoloing in hopes that the CT comes out soon.

Last I checked I was like number 40k in line.

Way I look at it. My car cost about 780 a month just to have.

That's a good amount of savings!!!

Down-payment should be pretty sweet. Anyone else getting CT fever?

RIP Zeus
did you actually do it? what did you replace it with? looks like you've got another year to save up bud

I did. I was just driving my 04 xterra but now with the pushes I decided to use the 24k I saved up so far on a model y performance down payment. Just gonna ride that till CT comes out and by then hopefully have the Y paid down to a point where I can keep both
sounds good dude. i got a used model 3 last year and im extra happy i did since i get an extra year to drive it lol

I rented the Model Y and thought it was the best Tesla to date. Only the Cybertruck will be better. Great thinking. I wish I was in the financial position to buy a Model Y. I am stuck driving a Kia Soul EV for now... Hoping to save enough money by the time the Cybertruck comes out to pay cash. Wish me luck!

Brent

I rented the Model Y and thought it was the best Tesla to date. Only the Cybertruck will be better. Great thinking. I wish I was in the financial position to buy a Model Y. I am stuck driving a Kia Soul EV for now... Hoping to save enough money by the time the Cybertruck comes out to pay cash. Wish me luck!

Brent
Good luck to you. You should have plenty of time to save up now.

• Love
Reactions: Bridor and T3SLAROD

I'm in a very similar situation. My original plan was to trade in my Model 3 for a Cybertruck Dual Motor with FSD (~$65k). New plan is to keep the Model 3 w/ FSD and get the Cybertruck Dual Motor no FSD (~$55k less $10k credit = $45k). That is a $20k savings.

That one year delay is allowing me to keep both for basically no extra cost.

PS: Yes I know my "no extra cost" statement is way off but I can make it make sense in my head as I want to keep both.

I'm in a very similar situation. My original plan was to trade in my Model 3 for a Cybertruck Dual Motor with FSD (~$65k). New plan is to keep the Model 3 w/ FSD and get the Cybertruck Dual Motor no FSD (~$55k less $10k credit = $45k). That is a $20k savings.

That one year delay is allowing me to keep both for basically no extra cost.

PS: Yes I know my "no extra cost" statement is way off but I can make it make sense in my head as I want to keep both.
I hear ya! It's a blessing and a curse for sure. Good plan though