Ok, let's take that reason you quoted:I've explained my view many times, but in this case it is Chaserr misrepresenting facts, yet again:
- There was never a press release. (At least that I have seen.)
- He never provides a link so someone can verify his claim.
- That quote is incomplete and misleading, it actually said:
With the stated reason for the update being to: "to help further protect the battery and improve battery longevity."
- "to help further protect the battery" - protect it from what, is this a safety recall? (and if so, why is NHTSA not involved, and the long term fix needs to be to the original specifications). If not safety, why is not not optional?
- "improve battery longevity." - so avoid warranty costs. If this is about making batteries last after 8 years, this should be an optional feature an owner can choose to use or not (a button for "limit my battery so it lives well past 8 years")