Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my Model S after 5.5 years...moving on

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sold my S after 5.5 years, too. Moving on... to my new Model S.

Come on. I hear you crying because they tried to limit your supercharging, but didn't anyone ever tell you that supercharging was specifically for travel? You knew, or you should have known, that the best way is charging at home.

Sure, there are a few exceptions, but evidently Tesla did not agree that your case was one of them. Some day, when you figure you can follow the rules, maybe you will opt to drive the BEST CAR EVER, again.

Of course, the monitors here will delete this because I did not couch it in kind, flowery words, but it is what it is. Supercharging is for travel.

Dodgeing warranty claims is an assumption that you and others have made. It might also be that it was being done to protect the battery packs of customer cars.
Not saying I know which is the truth, might be some of both.

I do know that Tesla is constantly making improvements to their lineup. That they learn from their mistakes and the newer stuff is better.

What if an ICE automaker reduced the engine power post-sale, after selling it and advertising it with a higher HP number, in order to protect the engine? Would that be OK ?

Yes, and this is the best reason to destroy the planet--Tesla treated you poorly, so it's back to ICE for you.

Got it.

Wow, just wow.
Are you always this melodramatic? Or only when it comes to other people’s life choices?

The reality is owning a Tesla doesn’t make you a saint to the world, in fact you most likely use products derived from crude oil on a daily basis but hey who cares about that right, especially when real crimes against humanity are occurring such as op not purchasing another Tesla...

I’m gonna go fire up my V10 bmw and take it for a spin and smile knowing you’re probably stroking out to the thought of all that pollution!

What if an ICE automaker reduced the engine power post-sale, after selling it and advertising it with a higher HP number, in order to protect the engine? Would that be OK ?
Automakers sell ICE vehicles that naturally suffer loss of compression and horsepower in addition to other issues with age so I'm not sure this an apples to apples comparison.

• Disagree
Reactions: First EV
Are you always this melodramatic? Or only when it comes to other people’s life choices?

The reality is owning a Tesla doesn’t make you a saint to the world, in fact you most likely use products derived from crude oil on a daily basis but hey who cares about that right, especially when real crimes against humanity are occurring such as op not purchasing another Tesla...

I’m gonna go fire up my V10 bmw and take it for a spin and smile knowing you’re probably stroking out to the thought of all that pollution!
Were you the BMW driver I just smoked with a Model 3 Performance a couple nights ago? Nice meeting you if it was.

And yes, oil is great for many things but most people realize that for those outdated 20th century vehicles (yes, I still have a couple of those) oil, or rather gasoline or diesel plain stink.

Were you the BMW driver I just smoked with a Model 3 Performance a couple nights ago? Nice meeting you if it was.

And yes, oil is great for many things but most people realize that for those outdated 20th century vehicles (yes, I still have a couple of those) oil, or rather gasoline or diesel plain stink.
Unfortunately not, I tried to get a model s to do a few stop light to stop light pulls with me but she had absolutely no interest in doing so, even though she was driving a P100DL. She would have easily beaten me, but I wanted to see by how much after having a few upgrades done.

Bet this thread is not going the direction OP expected.
There is a tight bond between successful medical doctors and Mercedes that will not easily be broken.
I broke it easily.
If Mercedes ever come up with a Model as good as Tesla, I'll consider them again.
But Mercs cost lots here cf Teslas, so the value equation is heavily tilted against them. Teslas get pretty much converted from the USD to AUD, Mercs get "the Australia Tax" lobbed on top...

Unfortunately not, I tried to get a model s to do a few stop light to stop light pulls with me but she had absolutely no interest in doing so, even though she was driving a P100DL. She would have easily beaten me, but I wanted to see by how much after having a few upgrades done.
Yes, women wisely have much more restraint than the immature testosterone filled gender. Of course with legal outlets like TeslaCorsa being canceled due to Coconut19, sometimes extreme measures and lapses in judgement happen.

Reactions: AMPd
Bet this thread is not going the direction OP expected.

There is a tight bond between successful medical doctors and Mercedes that will not easily be broken.

Hmmm.

That's quite odd.

I thought there was a Hypocratic Oath that states, "First, do no harm . . . ."

Destroying one's planetary home would be one Hell of a harm, no?

See: climate.nasa.gov

And if you want to see why there's some sort of a faux "debate" on the science, just watch this:

Climate of Doubt

[WARNING: If you have even half a brain, it will make your blood boil with anger at how so many have been so easily fooled, by so few, with so little.]

Hmmm.

That's quite odd.

I thought there was a Hypocratic Oath that states, "First, do no harm . . . ."

Destroying one's planetary home would be one Hell of a harm, no?

See: climate.nasa.gov

And if you want to see why there's some sort of a faux "debate" on the science, just watch this:

Climate of Doubt

[WARNING: If you have even half a brain, it will make your blood boil with anger at how so many have been so easily fooled, by so few, with so little.]

I agree with you about the climate change. But what I finally accepted is that most people will not do the right thing unless there is another reason to do so. IE, that EVs are much better than gas (which they are in almost every worthwhile metric but people are slow to get over the stigma), gas is really expensive (which with how pricing is skewed, it appears it’s cheap to people) and better for our health (which it is but not yet bad enough to convince the average person).

B class? Of course it has Tesla inside and doesn't have to range of a Tesla.
Yes, nice little car - tesla powered and many tesla components. Mercedes needed it for compliance, and later stopped producing B Class Electric Drive and B250e. I got mine in 2014 and drove it 65k miles before buying my Model S. No OTA updates, but provided basic EV functionality with a few MB nice to haves. Bought it for $50k, sold for $15k. 90 miles of range. I have owned many MB ICE cars and still have a 2013 GLK250. Was going to replace it with MY, but no towing offered so keeping it until their is a viable EV replacement. Until then it's ok, 40mpg, awd, towing. I will never buy another ICE, but still waiting for the EV industry to fully meet my needs - getting close, but not quite yet. Point is, we all have different ideas about what is important to us - environment, innovation, family transportation, functionality, service, integrity, etc. and we each prioritize, determine trade-offs and vote with our cash accordingly. I won't criticize anyone for participating in free speech and free trade.

Yeah. That’s right.

Why on earth would you allow yourself to be treated poorly? The healthy thing to do in an abusive relationship is leave.

Oh, please.

So his 5.5 year old Tesla isn't as nice as a new one, and, HORRORS, it also charges slightly slower on a Supercharger, something that barely existed when he purchased the car.

Now the OP can tell his kids, "Yep, I showed Tesla alright, I bought an ICE vehicle!" This as the planet burns around them.

They'll be so impressed . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.