Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my MYSR and ordered a MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold my MYSR to Carvana for $55k and ordered a MYP when it was $68k. Going to put the extra equity towards the down payment for the P.
LOLz. Carvana just offered $54k for my LONG RANGE 2020 with 10k miles and FSD...

Everyone seems to be able to get a great deal with these instant sales sites except me, who is ALWAYS $10k or more less than everyone posts here talking about...

Reactions: qdeathstar
LOLz. Carvana just offered $54k for my LONG RANGE 2020 with 10k miles and FSD...

Everyone seems to be able to get a great deal with these instant sales sites except me, who is ALWAYS $10k or more less than everyone posts here talking about...

Try

carbuyerUSA

i punch in my 2020 LR Y with 42k miles from CA. it show 61.5k.

when I sold it back in nov 2021 with 30k, they offer me $62k.

GL!

Reactions: Riguy
People tend to inflate the actual numbers that they are getting. Just human nature :)

agreed 100%. everyone thinks their car is "like new" or "immaculate condition."

also love when people see 1 or 2 "listing" price at some insane amount, and all of a sudden they think they can sell it for the same or more.

i sold my '20 MYLR with 13K miles to bidlane for $62,800 3 weeks ago. i was pretty happy with that. could i have possibly gotten more if i sold it via private sale? maybe, but to me that's not worth the hassle of dealing with non-serious buyers or meeting up with them for test drives.

Last edited:
Try ur local dealership.

U will be surprised how much they will offer u.

Supply and demand guys! Low supply, long wait and high demand!

Talking about low supply, I got a free rental Toyota Tacoma while my Chevy Bolt battery pack is being replaced due to recall, the Toyota was rented via the Toyota dealership that is owned by the same guy the owns the Chevy Dealership... when I went in to do the rental paperwork, the showroom is EMPTY. There are zero cars on display. Sales staff has also been slashed, I only saw 1 salesman... he was probably actually the sales manager.

Keith

They offered me $61,887 a month ago. I have a 2020 LR AWD Y with 20K miles and the Performance Boost Upgrade and GPS HomeLink. But as my EDD on a PMY kept slipping I didn’t take it as we are a one car family. As I get closer to my Sep delivery I’ll revisit them.

agreed 100%. everyone thinks their car is "like new" or "immaculate condition."

also love when people see 1 or 2 "listing" price at some insane amount, and all of a sudden they think they can sell it for the same or more.

i sold my '20 MYLR with 13K miles to bidlane for $62,800 3 weeks ago. i was pretty happy with that. could i have possibly gotten more if i sold it via private sale? maybe, but to me that's not worth the hassle of dealing with non-serious buyers or meeting up with them for test drives.
Dealing with people is the worst... I bought my MY and Tesla offered me 5k for my Prius. I couldn't accept that since it was a rare bird. A 2010 Prius with auto parking, auto emergency braking, lane keeping and radar cruise (in other words, level 2 autonomy). I sold it privately, but after 2 test drives, I was done. Everyone trying to low ball me. I'm absolutely sure I could have made more money, I had 8 other people messaging me (it was only listed for 1 day). In the end I got a few thousand more than Tesla offered me, but such a hassle... the guy brought cash and I took it

I still think the person that bought it got a deal. Especially with gas prices now

Reactions: Itsuo-DC
I sold my rare silver/white '18 M3 with FSD, Performance upgrade, power frunk/trunk, tSportline wheels to a local dealer for $47,500. He matched the highest bid I had from 2 other online sources and this $2k more than my highest Tesla offer. (I had 3 since I placed my order.) They listed it for over $12k more on their website and 10 days later it was gone.

I'll be holding out for more the next time.

Dealing with people is the worst... I bought my MY and Tesla offered me 5k for my Prius. I couldn't accept that since it was a rare bird. A 2010 Prius with auto parking, auto emergency braking, lane keeping and radar cruise (in other words, level 2 autonomy). I sold it privately, but after 2 test drives, I was done. Everyone trying to low ball me. I'm absolutely sure I could have made more money, I had 8 other people messaging me (it was only listed for 1 day). In the end I got a few thousand more than Tesla offered me, but such a hassle... the guy brought cash and I took it

I still think the person that bought it got a deal. Especially with gas prices now
People don't seem to understand that Tesla doesn't really want their old (non-Tesla) car. They don't sell used cars, like a dealer would, and probably don't want to mess with sending them to auction. So they underpay compared to a Carvana, Vroom, dealer, etc.

All this worry about "performance" when the long range will beat almost everything at the light. And once you've grown old enough, those noisy Hondas don't even warrant a curious look. Most of my driving is not across intersections, but down highways, as I suspect most everyone else's is. So, worrying about some noisy toy car next to you is ridiculous. I just look at them, smile, and drive normally (Wifey doesn't like me to race), which usually leaves them behind anyway. This car is QUICK compared to gas cars.