Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOLD My Tesla - Driving a Tahoe AMA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Obviously trump colluded with the Russians to make you sell it.

I hate it when that happens!

Careful in the Tahoe.... the FBI may be eavesdropping thru the OnStar.

This is true!
Cartapping: How Feds Have Spied On Connected Cars For 15 Years

How do you like the off center steering wheel in the Tahoe? Hate it in my Suburban!

Never really noticed before. It doesn't seem off until you look at it lol. GM sure is weird...

I did notice, on the way to work today, that the on-ramp acceleration of a 2009 Tahoe is not the same as a 2013 Model S.

Also, this thing stops like a school bus. Maybe I need a huge brush guard to compensate.

Now... on to the next issue... my driver's heated seat butt part doesn't work :(

No, I mean, how does one find these inventory cars? There are nearly ZERO X CPOs. I need a AP2 X CPO already...

Nope, 2012 has the 'correct' engine. the 3.6 V6. Not the 3.8 I think you're thinking of. Specifically why I went 2012...
224611_1030165987273_7327_n.jpg 10636013_10203791328436536_1102693431623032395_n.jpg 30725766_10214049382041465_1501070217885777920_n.jpg

Now... how do I fit solid axles and 35s to the Model X?

yea yea. I already miss the acceleration :)

Means to an end my friend... means to an end... I've already bookmarked the major car sites... 2017 X75D AP2. Black on Black... now we wait...

Although, to be honest, and this has more to do with me than the car. I'm in a way... relieved. The S was rather expensive for me, and the Tahoe was new as well, but at 9 years old, I can treat the Tahoe like... a CAR. I can throw stuff in it, I can park it places. I can drive over stuff. I can get parts cheap. I can even fix things! Things that don't even exist on a Tesla... like idler pullies and belts!

With the S I was always worried about what could happen, where I parked, what if it got scratched. Now... 9 year old truck, and it's in amazing shape... but... don't... really care. Wifey already took care of the back bumper by backing into someone.... she also managed to do me a solid and crash it into a snow bank the VERY DAY I agreed to buy it back from her. #ThanksWife... So... yea, just a car. So, while I love the S, the brute size of the Tahoe is just fun....

If someone wants to donate a model x drive line and help me build a Tesla powered 200kWh Tahoe.... I'd certainly be down w/that!
I've been looking at old Leaf's thinking I could maybe power a cool classic car? (1937 Ford Slant Back....) in total black gangster style...

awwh man, that is awesome. I want to move out west. We had our honey moon at Lake Havasu City, AZ. I saw so much open land and so many ATVs on the roads... and liquor at grocery stores... it was like the land that law forgot. and I LOVED it....

Reactions: Don TLR
Yes RZR's and quads are street legal as well as open carry,, the wild west indeed.. Too many dirt roads and open BLM lands where a an ICE 4x4 is a necessity so I don't forsee ever giving up the jeep for a long time with Tesla or anyone coming out with the right vehicle in my lifetime..

Well, it's been two weeks (ish). and I have come to some conclusions regarding my Tahoe.

1. I still love the raw size of the thing.
2. The thing I miss the most about my Tesla: The keyfobs and HVAC.
Constantly having to find the fob, and push unlock. It sounds stupid/simple, but my god is it annoying! Also, I've gotten in the Tahoe at least a dozen times now and put the keys in the cupholder... vs. the ignition. So... yeah. I miss the ease of use of the Tesla keys. that's for sure. I do not like the phone as key thing my wife has. I've used it, it's spiffy, don't care. I'll just pay for a real fob. I miss how the A/C or heat would just come on and be done. Now I have to start the car... what a hassle.
3. Filling up with gas... SUHHKKS... the cost, the smell, the time... the... other people at the pumps... ugh.

That's about it for now...

T minus 9 months until Model Y.