Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sold my Tesla yesterday - No Sellers Remorse Yet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nicely said OP. To be fair, Tesla needs to hear and see these types of customers leaving. They haven't abandoned the Tesla brand, just asking for a higher bar for certain standards they need met. To be a successful consumer discretionary company, branding and loyalty is required but so is customer service and product UX. Tesla is ramping strongly towards the magical 18% tipping point in the consumer adoption cycle, but there are enough testimonies out there now regarding specific areas that need to be addressed by the company for a successful majority/mature market adoption.

Not sure I really agree with this. Still takes months to get a Tesla, so long as demand outstrips supply, they really don't need to hear the very few that do. People coming to the brand (and staying) FAR outweighs anyone leaving.

Tim

Reactions: hlin07
(personal opinion only, not representative of TMC or anyone else but myself)

This may be a tesla forum, but I keep saying there is no such thing as "one size fits all" when it relates to stuff like cars. There IS no "best" just "best for me, right now" or "best for you, right now".

So, OP, Its great that you found something for yourself that you like.

Saying that, however, one thing I have never really understood personally, is a need to "tell everyone, everything". I dont get the desire to come to a tesla board, and say (basically) bye bye everyone!

I dont care one way or another, really, but I dont "understand" it. All you accomplish is opening yourself up to people who may not agree with your position, for a discussion you should no longer care about having.

Now, for full disclosure, I dont have (or intend to ever have) a facebook account. I dont post to twitter, I dont do instagram. I really dont get the desire a lot of people have to "share" everything. I started my participation here because I wanted to learn. If I didnt have a tesla anymore, I likely wouldnt be here on this website. I might hang around for a bit to share what I know with others, to try to help them, but I would probably just fade away.

So, while I am really glad you found something you like, that fits for you, and am FIRMLY in the belief that the right vehicle for someone is the one they determine is the right one, I dont get the desire to create a thread about it.

Shrug... I probably dont get it because I dont believe in sharing on social media unless ones job / income is derived by advertising.
Just like you said, there is no such thing as "one size fits all", 'cause people are different. You don't like to share, but some other people do like to "share".

I am worried Tesla is now focusing on pumping out cars and not taking care of end user and reacting to feedback.
i.e. overwhelmed service center, overwhelmed trade in requests (took a week snd a half for me) and overwhelmed information requests (finance team was suppose to reach out to me two weeks ago, and another sales advisor as well).

Still, i plan to put in my order on May 7th... want that three month grace period for infrastructure bill potentially passing before fall recess.

I am worried Tesla is now focusing on pumping out cars and not taking care of end user and reacting to feedback.
i.e. overwhelmed service center, overwhelmed trade in requests (took a week snd a half for me) and overwhelmed information requests (finance team was suppose to reach out to me two weeks ago, and another sales advisor as well).

Still, i plan to put in my order on May 7th... want that three month grace period for infrastructure bill potentially passing before fall recess.
I think Tesla is like Sim City. There's a lot that needs to be done and the citizens are complaining. I see service here in Houston expanding to bigger building and the install of SuperChargers.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
Interesting post. I almost got a Model 3 when I got my last Mercedes in 2019. When I told my Mercedes salesman (who has leased me a new Mercedes every 3 years since 1997) that I was thinking of getting a Tesla, he leased me a $50,000 Mercedes for less than a $40,000 Model 3.

Like the OP, the main thing that concerns me about the Model 3 is road noise (and also build quality). It's real hard to go from a Mercedes interior to a Tesla.

So I'm hoping to get a PHEV or EV from Mercedes in 2022 when my lease runs out. But I am still considering a Tesla.

This is a serious question.
Can you run climate control for about 1 hour without running the engine on 330e?

I sit in the car during my lunch break and this is the biggest reason I have a Tesla (EV).
I'm an EV fan, not necessarily a Tesla fan. This was not the 1st reason why I have an EV, but it has become the #1 reason, especially since my summers tend to be very hot. I sit in the car during lunch, AC on, feeling no guilt at all. I'd hate to do that in an ICE vehicle. I still have other ICE vehicles in the house for fun, and other utility purposes.

Interesting post. I almost got a Model 3 when I got my last Mercedes in 2019. When I told my Mercedes salesman (who has leased me a new Mercedes every 3 years since 1997) that I was thinking of getting a Tesla, he leased me a $50,000 Mercedes for less than a $40,000 Model 3.

Like the OP, the main thing that concerns me about the Model 3 is road noise (and also build quality). It's real hard to go from a Mercedes interior to a Tesla.

So I'm hoping to get a PHEV or EV from Mercedes in 2022 when my lease runs out. But I am still considering a Tesla.
You can check out the new EQS, looks very nice to me. But that is probably a competitor of MS, not M3. I think Mercedes is rolling out its EV fleet (EQA, EQC?). I bet you will have a few choices in 2022.

Reactions: Petrocelli
I like the lyriq!
cadillac-lyriq.jpeg
maxresdefault.jpg

Interesting - I have a 2018 Model 3 and I drove my friend's 2021 Model 3, that he just had delivered the other day. I could immediately tell it was much quieter inside and had a smoother ride.

Did you notice the 2021 Model 3 had double-paned side windows where the 2018 does not? Anyway - enjoy your Audi. I had an Audi A6 before the Tesla and really liked the car - the interior was excellent!

Not sure I really agree with this. Still takes months to get a Tesla, so long as demand outstrips supply, they really don't need to hear the very few that do. People coming to the brand (and staying) FAR outweighs anyone leaving.

Tim
Oh they absolutely need to hear from people leaving. The build quality is a growing problem. The Germans are taking their time releasing a Model 3 equivalent but when they do Tesla HAS to have their quality figured out.

You can check out the new EQS, looks very nice to me. But that is probably a competitor of MS, not M3. I think Mercedes is rolling out its EV fleet (EQA, EQC?). I bet you will have a few choices in 2022.
The EQS is a little out of my price range. ()Actually, a lot out of my price range.) MBZ has released the EQA in Europe, and a A250 PHEV. I will probably get one of those next time around. However, I will (again) consider Tesla -- mostly because of its supercharging network.

The EQS is a little out of my price range. ()Actually, a lot out of my price range.) MBZ has released the EQA in Europe, and a A250 PHEV. I will probably get one of those next time around. However, I will (again) consider Tesla -- mostly because of its supercharging network.
If you want to try out the EV similar to M3, you can have a look at Mustang Mach E. I don’t know about how is the building quality of the interior, haven’t got chance to see a real car. As a previous Ford owner, I hope they’re doing a better job now. I am also serious considering a PHEV, the new RAV4 plug-in. Just not sure how is the handling. Will test driver it when I got chance.

I can appreciate this post. Things chanhe and with wfh driving is less of a concern for me. Before it normal to put 500 miles in a week. There’s some amateur shoot that Tesla does that other manufacturers don’t do, and things Tesla does great that others are behind on.

If you want to try out the EV similar to M3, you can have a look at Mustang Mach E. I don’t know about how is the building quality of the interior, haven’t got chance to see a real car. As a previous Ford owner, I hope they’re doing a better job now. I am also serious considering a PHEV, the new RAV4 plug-in. Just not sure how is the handling. Will test driver it when I got chance.
Gee I trade my Tesla for a RAV4 Prime and my thread gets locked. Oh well. Congrats to the OP, yes Teslas are fun but I left because of quality issues mainly. That and a bunch of other "lies" from Elon & co.

If you can get a RAV4 Prime, it's the best PHEV on the market IMHO. Lots of EV range, reliability, AWD, etc.

Gee I trade my Tesla for a RAV4 Prime and my thread gets locked. Oh well. Congrats to the OP, yes Teslas are fun but I left because of quality issues mainly. That and a bunch of other "lies" from Elon & co.

If you can get a RAV4 Prime, it's the best PHEV on the market IMHO. Lots of EV range, reliability, AWD, etc.

Im not a moderator for the model S section where you made your post, but was curious at your comment so took a look. I see exactly why it was locked (its the same action I would have taken for that thread), and this one is different. There is no attempt by this OP to promote their youtube video on their experience.

In any case, this is a different thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier
Lots of EV range,
You and I have *very* different opinions on the definition of "Lots of EV range." As per Toyota's RAV4 Prime web page, "up to 42 miles of EV range on a full charge." Forty two. Miles.

Regarding the rest of your post, it now seems like your primary reasons for even being on these forums are two fold: 1. To pimp your YouTube channel. 2. To try and instigate arguments with other TMC members; you voice your Tesla/Elon distrust, distaste, anger, etc. where ever you can, and often do so in a pot-stirring manner.

While I don't have a problem with guys that want to discuss problems with Elon and/or Tesla in a reasonable manner (there are quite a few areas in which Elon and Tesla can be rightfully taken to task), those that throw poop just to throw poop can see themselves out.

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasTezla
Status
Not open for further replies.