Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid Black, Obsidian Black or Deep Blue Metallic?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been wavering through these three colors choices. I have read through some other threads where people say the solid black is more susceptible (or shows more) to swirls and scratches compared with the obsidian black. Any other experiences here? Also, is the green and blue fleck in the obsidian black only visible up close? Does it make the black look like a lighter tint/shade of black? If the two blacks are really that similar like the white and pearl white, I would just lean toward going with solid black between the two.
I will also be getting an all black interior so I'm thinking deep blue metallic might be a nice change is oace and choice here too. I'm just not sure if I will get tired of the blue over time. It does look great to me in the sunlight but then looks a bit too dark to me indoors or at night.
Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks!

I went to the Factory in Fremont over the weekend to look at the colors on the Model S's since the colors are the same(that's what I was told anyway).

I was initially going for the Midnight Silver but it was too light for my taste, so I ended up ordering the Obsidian Black.