Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid Black with Ultra White Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was in a showroom today doing a test drive and decided to place a custom order. I really loved the look of the White Premium interior, but it was on a white model x. I configured a solid black exterior to save a little money (I went white with carbon fiber interior). Does anyone have this combo that could offer an opinion or some pictures?

As an aside, there was no car there with the textile interior so I couldn't see that, but my only concern with white is that I have 7 and 9 year old boys, so I'm a little worried how the white will hold up. Wondering if going with textile would be a safer/wiser choice, even though the white is sharp looking...

Thanks!

• Disagree
Reactions: jtdiddy
5 actually... My wife has a 7 seat MDX, so we use that when we need to drive more than the 4 of us, but most of the time it'll just be us 4... Figured 5 was plenty, especially considering the price premium on 6 and 7... I also wanted to make sure the back seats folded down for increased storage...

I have a couple of co-workers with the white interior and kids. It seems to hold up fine in their experience.

I really wanted to go with white but the one universal feedback online seemed to be color will transfer from blue jeans.

Nick

Reactions: Spelly88
the 7 seater can fold down both the 2nd and 3rd row. I don't need 7 seats but I ordered it anyways because of that. better to have and not need than need and not have.
I hear you... If the change to 7 seats was for no extra charge I would totally have done it. But for 3k, I didn't feel it was worth it... I originally planned to just get the PUP with textile, but after seeing the white in the showroom, I decided to splurge. I just don't want to spend any more on paint/seating/tires or even EAP (I plan to add this later).

Reactions: xyeahtony
I hear you... If the change to 7 seats was for no extra charge I would totally have done it. But for 3k, I didn't feel it was worth it... I originally planned to just get the PUP with textile, but after seeing the white in the showroom, I decided to splurge. I just don't want to spend any more on paint/seating/tires or even EAP (I plan to add this later).
Hey the 7 seats has more AC power/vents (Dual AC). Go for it! You can fold down the 3rd down to make it 5 seats, and the car is much more cooler than the original 5 seats (Single AC) lol.

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Spelly88
Agree on dual ACs something not really mentioned when considering 5 seaters ...also the EAP is worth it ...u won’t regret getting now ...it’s FSD I would hold off on
So with a single AC, there are vents for the back seats in a 5 seater right? Just not a separate climate control? Is the single AC not very effective at keeping the car cool?

Also, I would definitely love to get EAP, but I was trying to keep this build under 90k. The PUP and white+carbon are a smidge over, so adding 7 or EAP would really put me over... Trust me though, I definitely plan to get EAP soon after... The autopark alone sold it for me...

There are vents just not as effective at keeping cool ..are u building a 75D? Chances are once you place your order you can have your OA keep an eye out for inventory models to transfer ur deposit to ...most likely u can get a better equipped car and bigger battery ...I see a 100D now not as much discount but for 97k inventory

Reactions: r0xx0r
I have fabric seats and am very satisfied. The fabric looks good with the vegan leather bolsters and headrest. It is very similar to fabric on the seats of my 2005 Jeep Wrangler (but somewhat nicer). The Jeep’s seats still look like new. None of the stretching and creasing you often get with old leather. All I’ve ever done is vacuum them. ‘Course my Jeep has not been subjected to kids.

I would say the fabric can be a good choice if you think you’ll like the way it looks. Otherwise, a poor choice if you’re always going to regret not having those classy white surfaces and the contrast with dash top and floor.

• Helpful
Reactions: Spelly88
There are vents just not as effective at keeping cool ..are u building a 75D? Chances are once you place your order you can have your OA keep an eye out for inventory models to transfer ur deposit to ...most likely u can get a better equipped car and bigger battery ...I see a 100D now not as much discount but for 97k inventory

I actually have my OA keeping an eye out for an upgrade but haven’t seen anything.

Reactions: P85_DA
2E0D228F-AE66-4CEE-80B5-BD5C7280C47A.jpeg
Just hit join I also told my OA of me looking for an upgrade. Worst case I just get my new 75 in June.

Here was a deal posted on that FB page not much discount...but u get the idea ...