Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solution for finding the 'lost' Model S Key?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the Model S key, but it's an awesome example of form over function. Although I've not lost one yet, my local SC reports that many owners have. I saw this link last night, and it looks like an interesting solution to helping find lost keys:

Home | StickNFind - Home of the StickNFind, StickNFind Pro, and MeterPlug

I've no affiliation with the company, and haven't (yet) used the product, but I'll probably buy a few to try out.

Either way, looks interesting. There's another option, Tile, which looks even smarter, but it's not out until the end of the year.

Last edited:
I have lost one of my MS fobs and this is the first time ever. I have been using keyless entry fobs for over 10 years. I think this is because the MS ones are very light and smooth - and it is easy for it to fall out of the pockets. And it is all black so it is hard to find. After my $370 incident, I will start using a sleeve with a clip so it has a bit more heft and friction to them and I can secure it. Incidentally, the few times I dropped mine were when I was doing a sport - biking, ultimate frisbee, running etc.

I have a stick n find I use for my wife's keys. I've only had it for a few days but it seams to work well. The "page" function is nice for localizing it. You do have to be close enough for it to pair which in my experience seems to be 20-30ft (using a iPhone 4s). Once paired its great. The disk is pretty big (slightly smaller than a quarter and a little bit thicker)

i would say, just dont loose it, ive never lost my keys in the 12 years ive been driving.

when you go home at the end of the day, ALWAYS put your keys and wallet in the same spot (mine is a small tablet i put in my room specifically for "stuff in my pocket")
when you are out and about, always have a pocket designated for keys, and one for your wallet, this way if one is not present, your body will actually tell you from muscle memory because it feels awkward.

if some of your clothes don't have a pocket where your keys and wallet are supposed to go, throw them out or give them away, then buy clothes that have the pockets in the correct locations.