Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solutions to some of the common Tesla issues:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1 . Tire pressure warning
The tire pressure requirement is 2.8-3.1 kg,if you hear the pressure alarm, usually means there is a sand hole with the tire.Once you have the tire mended , you can reset the tire pressure in the setting .
2."Black screen of death”of big screen,mobile APP cannot connect to the car, mobile app can’t locate in the map, car cannot start .
when you encounter these problems ,your first response must be restart the computer ,because almost issues can be fixed by rebooting the computer, also you can contact Xiaomage for solution(Xiao ma ge Facebook:Xiao mage )Rebooting is omnipotent.Any questions can not be fixed by restarting? If it does, try for twice. And how to do if the problem can’t be fixed after trying again. Don’t hurry ,just lock up your cars and go to the coffee shop for drinking a cup of coffee,then restart the computer again after half an hour.99% of problems can be fixed, sometimes the system of Tesla electric cars also need to have a rest.
3. Leaking water from sunroof.
A. Check if there are leaves stuck in the sun roof.
B. If the issue remains, contact service center to replace the rubber seal.
4. Wipers shaking and abnormal knocking.
If the issue is slight, try to add wiper fluids or detergent.
If the issue is serious, contact service center or replace the wipers.
5.Fail to open the charging mouth.
Charging gun directed to charging port ,keep the distance around 10cm, and hold the button for 5 seconds, the port will open.
500_wKjBz1X6fvKAFW63AAg41hKiTi0190.jpg
500_wKgH3lX6fuuAKDMoAApjmpbCMCM012.jpg

6.Range anxiety.
Keep away from the range anxiety ,let the bullet fly for a while.New owner aware: you are not a good driver if you never drain the mileage close to zero .Once you have this experience, you will get rid of the range anxiety. So you should try it once you have a chance. By doing so, Xiaomage has been cured hundreds of people who have range anxiety, including female drivers. He created a new word – mileage below 0.Till today, his best record is minus 28 km.

• Informative
Reactions: Missile Toad
#6 Risky behavior. As I understand it, the "buffer" below zero is dependent on how balanced your battery cells are. Could be zero.
Please elaborate. As one who has not yet gone 'sub-zero', I'm gonna guess, that zero means zero when you have recently rebalanced (within a couple iterations of a full range charge of the car). I'm further guessing, that if you have not rebalanced in the last, oh, say, 800-1500 miles, you might have some sneaky charge hiding in the bottom of the battery...

Help me. I want to play, Recharge Roulette.

I have confidence that the car won't turn off when hit 0. Having done it several times, in the old days when SCs were few and far between, I have gone 3-5 miles a few times on 0, and if I had to guess, you could probably go 10 if you had to.

Thank you very much.It actually solve my many problem, and would you mind telling me your Tesla Model?? Maybe we can often communicate with each other,and i am also Tesla fan:D
1 . Tire pressure warning
The tire pressure requirement is 2.8-3.1 kg,if you hear the pressure alarm, usually means there is a sand hole with the tire.Once you have the tire mended , you can reset the tire pressure in the setting .
2."Black screen of death”of big screen,mobile APP cannot connect to the car, mobile app can’t locate in the map, car cannot start .
when you encounter these problems ,your first response must be restart the computer ,because almost issues can be fixed by rebooting the computer, also you can contact Xiaomage for solution(Xiao ma ge Facebook:Xiao mage )Rebooting is omnipotent.Any questions can not be fixed by restarting? If it does, try for twice. And how to do if the problem can’t be fixed after trying again. Don’t hurry ,just lock up your cars and go to the coffee shop for drinking a cup of coffee,then restart the computer again after half an hour.99% of problems can be fixed, sometimes the system of Tesla electric cars also need to have a rest.
3. Leaking water from sunroof.
A. Check if there are leaves stuck in the sun roof.
B. If the issue remains, contact service center to replace the rubber seal.
4. Wipers shaking and abnormal knocking.
If the issue is slight, try to add wiper fluids or detergent.
If the issue is serious, contact service center or replace the wipers.
5.Fail to open the charging mouth.
Charging gun directed to charging port ,keep the distance around 10cm, and hold the button for 5 seconds, the port will open.