Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOLVED! Vibration sound by rear view mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had my Model 3 for over a year and every now and then I can hear a VERY annoying vibration sound coming from around the rear view mirror. Tesla even replaced the mirror once for me and it did not solve it.

Turns out it was a SIMPLE fix. Apparently the airbag warning sticker behind the visor becomes “Tacky” depending on the temperature. It sticks to the headliner fabric as you drive making the annoying vibration sound.

The Fix: I attacked a simple clear bumper pad behind the visor and now the vibration sound is GONE!

Hope this helps someone else..

I’ve had my Model 3 for over a year and every now and then I can hear a VERY annoying vibration sound coming from around the rear view mirror. Tesla even replaced the mirror once for me and it did not solve it.

Turns out it was a SIMPLE fix. Apparently the airbag warning sticker behind the visor becomes “Tacky” depending on the temperature. It sticks to the headliner fabric as you drive making the annoying vibration sound.

The Fix: I attacked a simple clear bumper pad behind the visor and now the vibration sound is GONE!

Hope this helps someone else..
Funny, sometimes I hear a sound up by the headliner, so I start pressing things, like the visors. And, that often stops the noise. I'll have to look closer to see if the tacky stickers are causing the problem.