Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yesterday, my SC said the last two weeks, everything has been coming with Ryzen.

I wasn't sure if it was true. I am going to probably buy my MYP tonight, I am still going over my finances (I know I can afford one, I just want to trim unnecessary expenses, and run the numbers against my budget). Given how prepared I am to purchase; I don't want to wait for the 4680 battery, or additional color options.

If I can get the Ryzen chip + updated headlights + interior cabin radar + infrared camera....I think I have everything I think I would need

A MYP order right now would get February delivery - so mid-quarter; I hear you don't want to buy a car that will be manufactured during an end of quarter push.

So....Ryzen confirmed?

Is there a thread going that has the build numbers in the VIN with the start of the new features for the models? For Example, VIN ending 11111 includes the AMD Ryzen chip. That way we can track what features the car should have based on the VIN.
There is speculation in the Model 3 LR waiting room that its on cars with VIN's of 1381XX or higher. I agree someone should start a thread or poll to try to figure this out. Quoted message from the M3 forum below.

So it's been reported by one person that VIN # 1381XX got the upgrade but another person reported that VIN # 1377XX did not. If accurate, we already have a pretty narrow range for the cut off!

Yesterday, my SC said the last two weeks, everything has been coming with Ryzen.

I wasn't sure if it was true. I am going to probably buy my MYP tonight, I am still going over my finances (I know I can afford one, I just want to trim unnecessary expenses, and run the numbers against my budget). Given how prepared I am to purchase; I don't want to wait for the 4680 battery, or additional color options.

If I can get the Ryzen chip + updated headlights + interior cabin radar + infrared camera....I think I have everything I think I would need

A MYP order right now would get February delivery - so mid-quarter; I hear you don't want to buy a car that will be manufactured during an end of quarter push.

So....Ryzen confirmed?
What features does the interior radar add? First Ive heard of that addition.