Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in the same boat. They assigned me a VIN yesterday with an option to take delivery today or tomorrow. I’m so tempted to take delivery but I have a good feeling that this vehicle does not have the AMD Ryzen chip and prob best to release this car to somebody in hopes of getting one with the new chip after 1/1.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. They assigned me a VIN yesterday with an option to take delivery today or tomorrow. I’m so tempted to take delivery but I have a good feeling that this vehicle does not have the AMD Ryzen chip and prob best to release this car to somebody in hopes of getting one with the new chip after 1/1.
Same here. Exactly the same situation. Can’t decide if I should pick up or not. On one hand, it’s just a chip and wouldn’t matter as I’ll likely replace the car in 4-5 years. On the other, it seems silly to not wait for it if they are being rolled out now.

Reactions: preilly44
Same here. Exactly the same situation. Can’t decide if I should pick up or not. On one hand, it’s just a chip and wouldn’t matter as I’ll likely replace the car in 4-5 years. On the other, it seems silly to not wait for it if they are being rolled out now.
I share your predicament. I saw the post from the TMC member in Nevada raving about how fast and smooth his applications was and that truly gave me pause to reconsider delivery tomorrow...

Trust me. Learn from my past mistakes. I took delivery of an mcu 1 as 2 was coming out and it was a terrible experience. Worked ok day one but as they added more capabilities to it based on mcu2 it became the worst car interface I’ve ever experienced

I was reassigned a VIN number 345XXX… the advisor said the car was built yesterday and hasn’t even left the factory. But no way to confirm if it has the latest amd chip.
Will be interesting to see once you receive. VINs bounce around some but it is interesting to see 345 was built yesterday when 355 has already been delivered. I know they are clustered and not sequential directly, but 10000 is a big gap.

• Helpful
Reactions: MR F
Will be interesting to see once you receive. VINs bounce around some but it is interesting to see 345 was built yesterday when 355 has already been delivered. I know they are clustered and not sequential directly, but 10000 is a big gap.
I asked to postpone delivery until February since I’d rather wait a little longer anyway. Hoping that all cars get the new amd chips by then!

I took delivery today. Build date is 20/12. Its my 3rd Tesla. Took a beating on the 1st one, a 2020 Model 3. It sat so too low to the ground for this 75 year old. Sold on CarMax. 2nd Tesla was a 2020 Model Y. Loved it but tired of the white color and didn’t expect to, but sold it for 2K more than I paid for it. Now driving a 2022 Midnight Silver with black and white interior. It probably has the old chip set, but I don’t care. It’s still the best car out there. I was probably only able to get it because others want the newest stuff. Demand for Teslas exceeds production capability and will for a while.

I took delivery today. Build date is 20/12. Its my 3rd Tesla. Took a beating on the 1st one, a 2020 Model 3. It sat so too low to the ground for this 75 year old. Sold on CarMax. 2nd Tesla was a 2020 Model Y. Loved it but tired of the white color and didn’t expect to, but sold it for 2K more than I paid for it. Now driving a 2022 Midnight Silver with black and white interior. It probably has the old chip set, but I don’t care. It’s still the best car out there. I was probably only able to get it because others want the newest stuff. Demand for Teslas exceeds production capability and will for a while.
Nice!

Was supposed to get mine today but apparently the car never reached the delivery center so now waiting again