Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will be interesting to see once you receive. VINs bounce around some but it is interesting to see 345 was built yesterday when 355 has already been delivered. I know they are clustered and not sequential directly, but 10000 is a big gap.
There’s a small possibility I mis-remembered the number and it was 335 (but I’m 95% sure it was 355). This guy on Reddit had a 351 delivered with the Atom as well.

516E2C2C-236A-4C89-809F-A07FE162EDFE.jpeg

I hate there is no way to easily see the date of manufacture. I would bet going by VIN is basically useless right now, as the cars are built in non-sequential order. I believe the only way to get the actual build date is from an SA. When I was shopping for my car in March, I specifically looked for cars that were built after Feb 9th.. because it was confirmed on this forum that those vehicles had the console refresh, heated steering wheel, dual panel from windows and metal scroll wheels.

From what I've seen its appears the only confirmed reports of the AMD chip, are from vehicles built on/after December 23, 2021. Should be a better way of tracking.

I hate there is no way to easily see the date of manufacture. I would bet going by VIN is basically useless right now, as the cars are built in non-sequential order. I believe the only way to get the actual build date is from an SA. When I was shopping for my car in March, I specifically looked for cars that were built after Feb 9th.. because it was confirmed on this forum that those vehicles had the console refresh, heated steering wheel, dual panel from windows and metal scroll wheels.

From what I've seen its appears the only confirmed reports of the AMD chip, are from vehicles built on/after December 23, 2021. Should be a better way of tracking.
This is good to know.
I was supposed to take delivery before end of year - even had it scheduled and was told it was being built on 12/29 but then was told it was delayed and expect delivery in January. I ordered on 7/31/21 so have been waiting a while for my MYLR and at this point would like to wait to make sure it’s AMD if possible.

My service advisor assured me that my 2022 Model Y Performance would come with AMD Ryzen chip, but only MYP would get them for now. I got delivery December 30 while out of town and just got back tonight and they shipped it with Intel Atom chip. Not happy about it since I felt pressured as I said I wanted to take delivery January 3 when in town, but they said I would lose my place (despite my delivery date having been January 16 - February 13.

I emailed and called my service advisor to see what they can do fix the assurance I got from her, and the reason why I got the performance in the first place.

As far as I can tell only LRs have been reported with the Rizens so not sure where you or they got that information.
Agreed - based on their track records, I wouldn't believe half of what SAs claimed/said. We really need a way to ensure that SAs are accountable to what they claimed, or they'll keep on BS-ing/mis-informing and confuse the heck out of people, especially their customers...

Agreed - based on their track records, I wouldn't believe half of what SAs claimed/said. We really need a way to ensure that SAs are accountable to what they claimed, or they'll keep on BS-ing/mis-informing and confuse the heck out of people, especially their customers...
They looked at their data on their computer to confirm. It’s annoying af especially since I’m in tech and know that this atom chip will be obsolete and not supported in ~3 years or so.

Has anyone picked up cars made in January yet (dont think so its only been 2 days ). Here's to hoping all Jan cars will be made with the Amd, and December cars were a mix of Intel and Amd just to clear inventory
At least you placed an order when the LR was cheaper... the ones that really have to question if its worth it are the Ps that were ordered only a month ago that are still arriving with the older processor. I don't think it'll be that big of a deal in the end, but that's a tougher pill to swallow imo.

The only thing I've found the SA's useful for is pressuring you to hurry up and take delivery.

Virtually all other assistance I've gotten from them could have been done via a website or app. Hell, I even located my own car in Chicago using the www.ev-tsla.com website, when my SA was telling me it was not possible to find one in inventory. He couldn't believe that not only I found one, but the exact options I was looking for.

Reactions: Cyberspeed
Has anyone picked up cars made in January yet (dont think so its only been 2 days ). Here's to hoping all Jan cars will be made with the Amd, and December cars were a mix of Intel and Amd just to clear inventory
I’m supposed to pick mine up tomorrow, but know it will come with Intel as it was delayed and they couldn’t deliver on 12/31 even though they wanted to.