Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just talked to my SA and they mentioned the built date is Jan/6 which is today. I will most likely take delivery and will update here. My EDD is now January 09 - January 13.
This will be telling on whether or not the switched over to new MCU and other features with the 2022 builds. I haven’t seen any 2022 builds yet. Definitely let us know as soon as you can!

Do we know it’s actually crossed over yet?
I don't, that's why I'm asking. I feel like my 354 is probably right on the cusp. My SA lady said she thought it was still in 'production' but who knows what that means. First, she could just be blowing smoke, and secondly it may be that until a vehicle leaves the production site for classification purposes it's still 'in production.'

I feel like it's a long shot I get the upgrades but you never know. Either way I'll have a Tesla and will go 0 - 60 in .000520145 seconds, so it's all good.

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
This will be telling on whether or not the switched over to new MCU and other features with the 2022 builds. I haven’t seen any 2022 builds yet. Definitely let us know as soon as you can!
This makes some sense since he and I have the same VIN. he's in Seattle and I'm on the east coast, which would explain his earlier delivery date. I'll be interested in seeing what he says about VIN 354.

Got assigned a VIN today which is also 7SA + 354. I have little hope of getting the AMD IMO... Will also update here once I know more!
Since we have the same VIN I'm wondering if we have the same car. Mine is white on while, 5 seat, no tow, Gemini wheels. Or whatever the smaller wheels are called.

Are you the same?

I hope you get all the good stuff, but either way, as soon as you know, I'll know.

Hi Fellows,
See below, and yes, there are reports of MYP equipped with AMD Ryzen.

If you have any questions or corrections, please message me.
Thanks

It's really hard to keep track of the MCU -> VIN relation across different threads. I haven't seen anyone create a Google form yet to collect/aggregate data, so it'd be great if those taking delivery could fill out this quick form: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker

Results can be viewed here: 2022 Tesla Updates Tracker (Responses)

Feel free to share this around or make edits to the spreadsheet - it's globally editable.

Looks like some jacked with the tracker? All didn't have double rear glass, and didn't notice the nonsense battery types last I looked at it. Nice to see doge to the moon though.

Reactions: backlash224
Looks like some jacked with the tracker? All didn't have double rear glass, and didn't notice the nonsense battery types last I looked at it. Nice to see doge to the moon though.
Late at night someone was changing all entries to Ryzen, double glass, etc. It would be better to restrict access to the spreadsheet as read-only. There is another form people can use to submit updates.

Late at night someone was changing all entries to Ryzen, double glass, etc. It would be better to restrict access to the spreadsheet as read-only. There is another form people can use to submit updates.
I noticed that. I check a couple times a day and saw last night that some clown thought he'd be funny. While I'm sure it can be recovered via version history by the owner, I happened to have left the tab open on my work PC with the spreadsheet open yesterday so I took a screenshot this morning. This was from about 3PM PST yesterday:

Untitled.png

The form needs to be made read-only so only submissions will edit it. Obviously if someone was malicious they could still overcome this limitation, but it makes it harder at least.

Reactions: Daekwan and Wigan