Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the SA has no knowledge of the details between VIN and arrival of new cpu hardware and is making a total guess
I would assume so but numerous SA seem to be telling intel vs amd based on VIN.
Either Tesla has a new internal tool that lets them see what they have or they are told 356___ and above has AMD.

or a bunch of random SA are all lying which idk why they would want to give wrong info instead of saying they don't know

I would assume so but numerous SA seem to be telling intel vs amd based on VIN.
Either Tesla has a new internal tool that lets them see what they have or they are told 356___ and above has AMD.

or a bunch of random SA are all lying which idk why they would want to give wrong info instead of saying they don't know
I doubt that. There are probably 3,000 SAs out there and they're probably operating with about 3,000 different sets of knowledge coming in hot after all the holidays. Some of them probably heard 'All 2022s.' Others maybe heard 'All cars produced after Day X.' Someone else may have heard 'All VINs above X.' And they just go with whatever best generalized information they have. Some of them probably turned something they were told as an 'expectation' into a fact. Remember, this seems all important to us, but they're dealing with this every day, and we're literally probably right on the dividing line. Shoot, my understanding is the VINs aren't even sequential, so who really knows?

I doubt that. There are probably 3,000 SAs out there and they're probably operating with about 3,000 different sets of knowledge coming in hot after all the holidays. Some of them probably heard 'All 2022s.' Others maybe heard 'All cars produced after Day X.' Someone else may have heard 'All VINs above X.' And they just go with whatever best generalized information they have. Some of them probably turned something they were told as an 'expectation' into a fact. Remember, this seems all important to us, but they're dealing with this every day, and we're literally probably right on the dividing line. Shoot, my understanding is the VINs aren't even sequential, so who really knows?
I agree with Wigan. There isn't a way to predict the availability of new features and hardware solely based on VIN or build date yet. The conversion has begun but it did not propagate to all vehicles, IMHO.

I've texted the general Tesla Number area code 510 and they confirmed that I have the new AMD chip based on VIN. I also tried calling Tesla to speak with another SA who said that my VIN does indeed have the new AMD chip + Li-ion battery. We'll see if any of these are true in a few days.
Congratulations! Please remember to update the spreadsheet with your VIN, AMD vs. Intel, battery type, and dual glazed rear windows. Thanks

Reactions: jayyp
I've texted the general Tesla Number area code 510 and they confirmed that I have the new AMD chip based on VIN. I also tried calling Tesla to speak with another SA who said that my VIN does indeed have the new AMD chip + Li-ion battery. We'll see if any of these are true in a few days.
When did you get your VIN assigned? And which configuration do you have?

Does your order include FSD? The Las Vegas guy that got the AMD chip has FSD with his order. Would be excited to see if they have AMDs also in cars without FSD.

Does your order include FSD? The Las Vegas guy that got the AMD chip has FSD with his order. Would be excited to see if they have AMDs also in cars without FSD.
I did not order with FSD. I can't confirm with 100% certainty that my car has the updated parts but two separate SA's have confirmed based on VIN (they sounded certain as well). We'll find out in a few days.

21F4D168-F592-4962-B4A3-39763F5CD573.jpeg

Got VIN number today. I think this is likely a leftover from last quarter. Anyone with 353xxx got AMD chip? I am inclined to pass and delay delivery.

View attachment 753819
Got VIN number today. I think this is likely a leftover from last quarter. Anyone with 353xxx got AMD chip? I am inclined to pass and delay delivery.

You got a last quarter build 9 days after that quarter ended? Doesn't seem likely...
Regardless the penalty for refusing delivery nowadays seems to be 1-2 months of additional wait. Could be longer with your configuration - it's very popular. Just keep that in mind.