Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just took delivery of MYLR w/ AMD:
  • VIN 354XXX
  • Build date: 1/9
3E8E2C95-9805-4E55-B07D-031590C8D5DC.jpeg

Those dates don’t make sense. They can’t assign the VIN of the car until it is built.
From what I've read the VIN can be assigned when they parts come in to build the car? I dunno, I just know they texted me about a VIN and it was in my account on 1/6 at around 4:30PM EST and when I called today they told me it was built on Saturday 1/8.

I'm more dumbfounded by how it was built on the 8th and my earliest delivery time given was 1/24. I assume shipping is one heck of a slowdown. Envy you folks on the West Coast that can get it within the week!

From the delivery speadsheet, and for Model Ys, it's looking like everyone whose build date is 1/6 and later have the AMD chip. There also were a handful of lucky folks with December builds too. Model 3s don't seem to have the AMD chips regularly yet.

I'm not 100% sure how getting your VIN relates to the build date. When I got mine, it was the 10th, but in the app, it still said that the car was being built. I got a notification on the 12th that I can schedule my pickup (choice of 14th, 15th, 16th). It could be that the car was actually built on the 10th, but they were figuring out delivery (I live in the Bay Area, so everything is fairly fast), or it could be that the car was actually completed on the 12th.

From the delivery speadsheet, and for Model Ys, it's looking like everyone whose build date is 1/6 and later have the AMD chip. There also were a handful of lucky folks with December builds too. Model 3s don't seem to have the AMD chips regularly yet.

I'm not 100% sure how getting your VIN relates to the build date. When I got mine, it was the 10th, but in the app, it still said that the car was being built. I got a notification on the 12th that I can schedule my pickup (choice of 14th, 15th, 16th). It could be that the car was actually built on the 10th, but they were figuring out delivery (I live in the Bay Area, so everything is fairly fast), or it could be that the car was actually completed on the 12th.
There is a good chance that it was built on the 12th. That is why they push a notification to schedule delivery.

There is no definitive data that shows that Model Ys after a certain date have AMD Ryzen. It is still hit-and-miss.

MP3s?! Like I have those hanging around anymore! haha

I'll give it a test with the sentrycam usb first and maybe I'll test a couple other things if people want
Trying to run sentry through those ports would be more than enough.

I'm just wondering if they're returning to the old data USB ports in the center console. It's a bummer that they took that away from newer models.

I love to hear that so many are now getting the Ryzen chip and new battery, makes me hopeful. I should be taking delivery within the next few weeks.

Picking up 3569xx on Friday. I will report.
I got the new lights, AMD and MCU3. I believe the dual window in the rear also

scratch in paint that pissed me off…… set up with mobile repair, then they cancelled and they want me to bring it back to the service center! 8 hours of driving! I would have left it there and saved 4 hours!