Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Some 2022 Model Ys shipping with MCU3 (AMD Ryzen)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the new lights, AMD and MCU3. I believe the dual window in the rear also

scratch in paint that pissed me off…… set up with mobile repair, then they cancelled and they want me to bring it back to the service center! 8 hours of driving! I would have left it there and saved 4 hours!
Can you share photos of all the above updates ? First case of matrix H.L on MYLR ~ Rear Dual Pane is first time hearing too. 😮

So are we pretty much getting Ryzen with these new builds from 1/9?
Please review threads from the past:
Models Y and 3 are going through updates/upgrades.
Please don't assume that your vehicle will have a particular hardware configuration based on a VIN or a date of production.
Production date is not based on VIN to discourage tracking the number of vehicles built per QTR.
Vehicles built on the same day could have different hardware configurations.

The only way to be certain is to inspect the car first-hand yourself.

Finally, there are no reports/evidence that Model Ys come with Dual-Glazed (Laminated) Rear windows at this time.

Reactions: Hvnleigh
Not sure about which date definitely gets the new chip but I have it from a very reliable source that once they switch the production line over, they will all be using the new part. However, Model Y and Model 3 are not on the same line, I'm not sure if RWD and AWD are as well or they may even have different lines for diff paint colors, as I've seen multiple white Model 3's coming out with exact same paint defect last week but none of the other colors. Not sure that this helps.